Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
Upthread, fransick had reported some performance issues (map lag) but they were resolved by a clean install. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but if so, you might give that a shot. I suspect there could be some sort of conflict between qt3 and qt4, or some other "cruft" that's causing an issue.

Are you running Raspbian, or some other distro? What version? Was QT installed via the package manager, or a different way? What version?

Upthread I gave instructions on getting profiling data. That may or may not help, but since I still haven't been reproduce any kind of performance issues, it might at least give an idea of the problem. I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with any more ideas, but that's all I've got for now.
CentOS 7. http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/centos-alt...8/isos/armhfp/ I started with the minimal install (minimal-4-1908) and did a groupinstall of KDE Plasma since the KDE image wouldn't install for me (I couldn't get it to boot, could be a bad SD card I copied the image onto, need another SD card to troubleshoot with)

Everything was installed via yum:
[root@rpi4 ~]# yum info qt-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: ftp.osuosl.org
* centos-kernel: mirror.keystealth.org
* extras: mirror.keystealth.org
* updates: ftp.osuosl.org
Installed Packages
Name : qt-devel
Arch : armv7hl
Epoch : 1
Version : 4.8.7
Release : 3.el7_6
Size : 32 M
Repo : installed
From repo : base
Summary : Development files for the Qt toolkit
URL : http://qt-project.org/
License : (LGPLv2 with exceptions or GPLv3 with exceptions) and ASL 2.0 and BSD and FTL and MIT
Description : This package contains the files necessary to develop
: applications using the Qt toolkit. Includes:
: Qt Linguist
[root@rpi4 ~]# yum info qt3-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: ftp.osuosl.org
* centos-kernel: mirror.keystealth.org
* extras: mirror.lax.genesisadaptive.com
* updates: ftp.osuosl.org
Installed Packages
Name : qt3-devel
Arch : armv7hl
Version : 3.3.8b
Release : 51.el7
Size : 35 M
Repo : installed
From repo : base
Summary : Development files for the Qt 3 GUI toolkit
URL : http://www.troll.no
License : QPL or GPLv2 or GPLv3
Description : The qt3-devel package contains the files necessary to develop
: applications using the Qt GUI toolkit: the header files, the Qt meta
: object compiler.
:
: Install qt3-devel if you want to develop GUI applications using the Qt 3
: toolkit.
The best way to describe the slowness is that it takes about 10 seconds for SEQ to re-draw itself, almost as if this were Windows 3.1 and you're trying to drag a window around with a mouse and a slow video card. From the top of the SEQ Window to the bottom, you can watch it draw itself out in realtime.

Come to think of it, I was getting an error running `make`:
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/cstdint:35:0,
from everquest.h:42,
from interface.h:47,
from main.cpp:56:
/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
As soon as I added
-std=c++11
to CFLAGS in the Makefile it compiled without any further complaints.

I'll try a re-install of the minimal image and this time I'll leave KDE out of the picture, I'll just install the dependencies as it complains about them being missing.

Thanks for all the time you're putting into this, if you have paypal or venmo I'd like to send you a donation.