Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Administrator

Re: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Fransick,

Regarding the Find issue - I've managed to reproduce a case-related issue, but I'm not sure of the cause yet (contrary to my previous thought, it may or may not be QT related), or if it's the same issue you're seeing.

Out of curiosity, do you do an empty search (to clear the highlights) in between searches? Or do you go from one thing directly to another?
    Both. I'll keep any eye out to see if one way or the other causes the issue. I kind of didn't pay attention at first just thinking DB changed the naming convention of non named mobs but after visiting some old zones it seemed like something changed.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    Hey Fransick, I havent seen that script, or at least I am not familiar with it. Can you put it in the dev forum?
    It's not something I've seen. I think it's something Newby did to help automate whatever manual process he was going through to find critical opcodes. I could be wrong but I thought he mentioned something. If I am wrong on that, apologies. When I do them it's the old fashioned manual approach, haha. Whatever he is doing it is way faster than what I am doing haha.

I'm running both SEQ5 and SEQ6 side-by-side (not at the same time, obviously) on a Raspberry Pi 4-4G and while SEQ5 is super snappy compared to what it was on the Pi 3B+, SEQ6 is very slow, to the point it's almost unusable. Not sure what information I can offer to help analyze the issue but if you have any ideas I'm happy to try. I've tried exporting the display to different PC's but that doesn't make any difference.

Ok, it's definitely crashing.. but its not leaving a dump file for some reason, I recompiled with the switches and it's still not dumping the core file... this is with official build. I'm not sure what's going on

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fransick View Post
    Both. I'll keep any eye out to see if one way or the other causes the issue. I kind of didn't pay attention at first just thinking DB changed the naming convention of non named mobs but after visiting some old zones it seemed like something changed.
    There is for sure an issue if you search "mob x", then clear the line and hit enter, and then search for "mob x" again - it ignores it completely. I've already got a fix for this, but I haven't committed it yet.

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce any other case-sensitivity issues in Find, so any kind of test cases that exhibit the problem would be helpful.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by splooge View Post
    I'm running both SEQ5 and SEQ6 side-by-side (not at the same time, obviously) on a Raspberry Pi 4-4G and while SEQ5 is super snappy compared to what it was on the Pi 3B+, SEQ6 is very slow, to the point it's almost unusable. Not sure what information I can offer to help analyze the issue but if you have any ideas I'm happy to try. I've tried exporting the display to different PC's but that doesn't make any difference.
    Upthread, fransick had reported some performance issues (map lag) but they were resolved by a clean install. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but if so, you might give that a shot. I suspect there could be some sort of conflict between qt3 and qt4, or some other "cruft" that's causing an issue.

Are you running Raspbian, or some other distro? What version? Was QT installed via the package manager, or a different way? What version?

Upthread I gave instructions on getting profiling data. That may or may not help, but since I still haven't been reproduce any kind of performance issues, it might at least give an idea of the problem. I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with any more ideas, but that's all I've got for now.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Upthread, fransick had reported some performance issues (map lag) but they were resolved by a clean install. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but if so, you might give that a shot. I suspect there could be some sort of conflict between qt3 and qt4, or some other "cruft" that's causing an issue.

Are you running Raspbian, or some other distro? What version? Was QT installed via the package manager, or a different way? What version?

Upthread I gave instructions on getting profiling data. That may or may not help, but since I still haven't been reproduce any kind of performance issues, it might at least give an idea of the problem. I'll think about it some more and see if I can come up with any more ideas, but that's all I've got for now.
    CentOS 7. http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/centos-alt...8/isos/armhfp/ I started with the minimal install (minimal-4-1908) and did a groupinstall of KDE Plasma since the KDE image wouldn't install for me (I couldn't get it to boot, could be a bad SD card I copied the image onto, need another SD card to troubleshoot with)

Everything was installed via yum:
    [root@rpi4 ~]# yum info qt-devel
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: ftp.osuosl.org
    * centos-kernel: mirror.keystealth.org
    * extras: mirror.keystealth.org
    * updates: ftp.osuosl.org
    Installed Packages
    Name : qt-devel
    Arch : armv7hl
    Epoch : 1
    Version : 4.8.7
    Release : 3.el7_6
    Size : 32 M
    Repo : installed
    From repo : base
    Summary : Development files for the Qt toolkit
    URL : http://qt-project.org/
    License : (LGPLv2 with exceptions or GPLv3 with exceptions) and ASL 2.0 and BSD and FTL and MIT
    Description : This package contains the files necessary to develop
    : applications using the Qt toolkit. Includes:
    : Qt Linguist
    [root@rpi4 ~]# yum info qt3-devel
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: ftp.osuosl.org
    * centos-kernel: mirror.keystealth.org
    * extras: mirror.lax.genesisadaptive.com
    * updates: ftp.osuosl.org
    Installed Packages
    Name : qt3-devel
    Arch : armv7hl
    Version : 3.3.8b
    Release : 51.el7
    Size : 35 M
    Repo : installed
    From repo : base
    Summary : Development files for the Qt 3 GUI toolkit
    URL : http://www.troll.no
    License : QPL or GPLv2 or GPLv3
    Description : The qt3-devel package contains the files necessary to develop
    : applications using the Qt GUI toolkit: the header files, the Qt meta
    : object compiler.
    :
    : Install qt3-devel if you want to develop GUI applications using the Qt 3
    : toolkit.
    The best way to describe the slowness is that it takes about 10 seconds for SEQ to re-draw itself, almost as if this were Windows 3.1 and you're trying to drag a window around with a mouse and a slow video card. From the top of the SEQ Window to the bottom, you can watch it draw itself out in realtime.

Come to think of it, I was getting an error running `make`:
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/cstdint:35:0,
    from everquest.h:42,
    from interface.h:47,
    from main.cpp:56:
    /usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
    As soon as I added
    -std=c++11
    to CFLAGS in the Makefile it compiled without any further complaints.

I'll try a re-install of the minimal image and this time I'll leave KDE out of the picture, I'll just install the dependencies as it complains about them being missing.

Thanks for all the time you're putting into this, if you have paypal or venmo I'd like to send you a donation.

Administrator

I'll try a re-install of the minimal image and this time I'll leave KDE out of the picture, I'll just install the dependencies as it complains about them being missing.
    Thanks for the info. If you do the reinstall, then I suggest maybe trying to build/run *only* QT4/SEQ6 at first, see how it behaves, and then go back and add in QT3/SEQ5 if you still want/need to.

Administrator

Thanks for all the time you're putting into this, if you have paypal or venmo I'd like to send you a donation.
    Regarding this - thank you. I appreciate the offer. While I'm doing the work on SEQ for a number of personal reasons, financial gain isn't really one of them. Well, unless you're super rich and want to donate enough that I can quit my job and retire to a life of playing EQ and working on SEQ and other open source software. Then I might reconsider

I'm also the "new guy", and while I have been doing a lot of work on the codebase recently, I think that the folks that have been keeping this project alive all along (BlueAdept, Newby, Fransick, and others) deserve donations more. Without them and their efforts, there might not have been anything left here for me to contribute to. Maybe you could kick them a few bucks instead.

Bah, I dont do anything really. I just happen to a user that has been around longer than most. Anyone who actually contributes to the code base are the ones that deserve the credit. Without all you, this project would have been dead and buried long ago. Putting a donation link is fine and deserved.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Hello, its been a really long time since I visited. 10 years or so ago I was working on a port of ShowEQ to Qt4. I figured I'd just link it here in case you were curious what I did. https://github.com/brainiac/showeq
    I don't really remember what state i left it in, but i remember it having performance issues that I never finished working out. It was running on mac/windows/linux at some point though. Its probably not worth much but I figured it worth sharing.

I'll gladly donate as well.

I had issue with showeq beta finding eth0 device. I guess the naming convention had changed to enp0sXXX from eth0XXX in newer linux distro.

I follow the instruction on changing the name to eth0 using this: https://www.linuxtopic.com/2017/02/h...face-name.html

After that, Showeq finally launched.

long time no see brainiac.

Thanks for posting that.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robregen View Post
    I had issue with showeq beta finding eth0 device. I guess the naming convention had changed to enp0sXXX from eth0XXX in newer linux distro.

I follow the instruction on changing the name to eth0 using this: https://www.linuxtopic.com/2017/02/h...face-name.html

After that, Showeq finally launched.
    For what it's worth, you can specify the interface name when you run showeq using the "-i" flag:

showeq -i enp0s1

You can also set the interface in the application by going to the Network menu and selecting Set Device (though I don't think SEQ will start with an invalid interface in order to get to that point - so maybe that should be considered a bug). And it *should* save as part of the preferences so you don't have to keep specifying it, but I'm not 100% sure that works like that, either. It's something I've been meaning to investigate but I haven't gotten around to it.

Thread Information