Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Administrator

Re: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Fair enough. I must be confusing it with something else.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Fair enough. I must be confusing it with something else.
    Sorry, I didn't mean for my reply to come off as short. Sometimes I am too economical with words, haha. I'll fire up my old qt3 box and do some testing to confirm it worked just so we can be sure. Cannot imagine why it would work in 3 and not 4 so you may very well be right that it broke more recently and went unnoticed. Will report back when I get motivated to hook up qt3 again.

Thanks for all you've done to date! Super cool and rock solid for the most part.

fransick, I will test it for you. I have both qt3 and qt4 on same box. What exactly do you do for the filters? I rarely use them myself too. I mainly use the Find: bar on top.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fransick View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean for my reply to come off as short. Sometimes I am too economical with words, haha.
    No worries, I didn't take it that way at all. Maybe I'm the one being too economical with words

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    fransick, I will test it for you. I have both qt3 and qt4 on same box. What exactly do you do for the filters? I rarely use them myself too. I mainly use the Find: bar on top.
    you should be able to right click on a name in the spawn list and add it any number of filters. I usually add named to the Zone Filter. Then you should be able to go to filters and choose Edit Zone Filters and see the named you added. Right now I add a spawn and the filters file stays blank.

It seems to work fine on official. Is there a way I could add it so it'll do blinking white circle around like it would if I use Find: bar on top? Since I recompiled with --enable-debug on offical I stopped hunting in Kael and moved on to other zones to finish the merc quests. Haven't crashed yet. As soon it did I'll notify.

root@loki:~/.showeq/filters# cat eastwastestwo.xml
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE seqfilters SYSTEM "seqfilters.dtd">
    <seqfilters>
    <section name="Alert">
    <oldfilter><regex>Name:#Sofia the Quiet</regex></oldfilter>
    </section>
    </seqfilters>
    root@loki:~/.showeq/filters#

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It seems to work fine on official. Is there a way I could add it so it'll do blinking white circle around like it would if I use Find: bar on top?
    Yes, put it in the "hunt" section.

Administrator

I think I found the spawn filter issue. I've committed 6.0.0.0-pre9 with the fix. Please test and let me know if you still see any problems.

On a related note, there were A LOT of menu-related changes between QT3 and QT4. I've tested and fixed a lot of the issues, but there are lots of menus, lots of menu items, and lots of windows with their own menus and menu items. So I'm sure I haven't tested everything.

If anyone wants to go through and test various menu and window items to help me sort the rest of that out, please feel free to do so.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    I think I found the spawn filter issue. I've committed 6.0.0.0-pre9 with the fix. Please test and let me know if you still see any problems.

On a related note, there were A LOT of menu-related changes between QT3 and QT4. I've tested and fixed a lot of the issues, but there are lots of menus, lots of menu items, and lots of windows with their own menus and menu items. So I'm sure I haven't tested everything.

If anyone wants to go through and test various menu and window items to help me sort the rest of that out, please feel free to do so.
    Thanks cn! I'll take a look at what I can. Since Newby wrote a script to help with critical opcodes, my contributions here have waned. There a few small things I've been meaning to fix that I need to get after and do. I'll test what I can on the menus too.

Anyone else feeling like the Find: input box has become more case sensitive of late? I cannot tell if DayBreak suddenly found the shift key/changed the spawn capitalization conventions they've used for years or if some functionality in SEQ changed though, haha

Administrator

I don't really use the find input (except when I'm in the wrong window and wind up searching for wwwwwwwwwwww instead of moving) so I hadn't noticed, but I'm 99% sure that's a QT-related issue. There were a lot of case sensitivity related changes to the API. I thought I got all of it sorted out, but I guess not. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll take a look at it.

Hey Fransick, I havent seen that script, or at least I am not familiar with it. Can you put it in the dev forum?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Things are finally getting back to normal. I got some of the essentials unpacked and got some furniture assembled. In about a week or so, I should have some time to play around with the new version.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Administrator

Having dug through the forums *a lot* in order to try to get up to speed, I assume he means this one - http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...ll=1#post48772

It was a big help to me when I first started trying to figure out opcodes. I'm mostly doing something different now, but still use the script as a fall-back.

Administrator

Fransick,

Regarding the Find issue - I've managed to reproduce a case-related issue, but I'm not sure of the cause yet (contrary to my previous thought, it may or may not be QT related), or if it's the same issue you're seeing.

Out of curiosity, do you do an empty search (to clear the highlights) in between searches? Or do you go from one thing directly to another?

Lol I dont remember that at all, but I see I replied to it! I have it bookmarked now. Thanks.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information