Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decembers patch

Decembers patch

Just an FYI. I am going to be moving on Dec 18th. The SVN and tarball on SF may be delayed. I do not know if I will have internet at that time. The 18th will be my last day in my current apartment and will be moving into my new house. Please be patient. I will get to it as soon as I can. Newby will hopefully have a patch file that people can use for now.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Re: Decembers patch

I can update the beta branch. I'd be happy to update trunk as well, if you'd like.

Administrator

If I am not on the road for work, I can update SVN and tarball. Grats on the move! New digs is always a fun time.

Exciting!!!! I moved from a 900sqft apartment to a 2k sqft house last year. Congrats again.

Thanks. This is my first place even though I am in my 50s now. 1800 ft townhouse. I would be in my 80s when the mortgate is done.

Anyway, if you havent done it before, it is quite a few steps. Newby usually posts the patch. People should learn how to do it from the patch any way in case I am not around for some reason. People can wait a couple days if necessary.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Comcrap is at my new house. Getting hooked up now. I should be able to do the tarball and svn if the patch doesnt mess too much up.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

structs, opcodes, zones...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks newby - works good on official (had to go back to official 89 for a bit until beta 6 is fixed as that patch failed a hunk)

Administrator

If anyone got spammed by my previous post (now deleted), I apologize. There's something weird going on with the post edit function, so I couldn't actually edit my post to make some needed changes.

Anyway... There were some differences in the opcode file on the beta branch, due to my attempts at learning to find opcodes myself.

I've applied newby's patch to the beta branch, so that should all be working now.

I've also got a couple of additional opcodes that can be updated:

OP_ExpUpdate: 61d5 (this may or may not be correct)
    OP_LevelUpdate: 3de8 (verified working)

Here's a patch that integrates newby's changes with the above two opcodes. It applies cleanly to the official version and also matches what's in beta.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks. I will have this done later today. Comcrap really screwed me. They made me pay a manditory 60 buck installation fee, even though former owner had comcrap. It is the only game in town. He hooked it all up and then I tested the internet. 17megs. I said hey I have the 100 megs package. He said they only guarantee 15 megs. It varies by area and this area is low. Then he leaves and comes back 30 min later. There is a problem with your account. You cant have triple play with the modem you have. I said I have had this modem for 8 years. He said it is manditory to rent a modem from them unless you go to double play. Oh and your free netflix isn't valid now since we broke your contract. Oh and the double play is 20 bucks more a month.
    I said what are my options. He said I could start a new contract for either double play 20 more a month for one year and then another 20 extra after that. Or go with triple play and pay 20 a month more but would be good for 2 years but I would have to rent a modem at 15 a month. I said I still have 2 years left on my contract. They said comcast broke it. Those are your two only options unless you want no service. 170 a month. Now. No extras, no movie or sports packages. Less speed and more money. I hate comcrap!
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 12-19-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Famous Quotes:

Developer

8 years is a bit old for a modem. They're probably correct when they say you need a newer one with better speed, features, capabilities. The bit they aren't being honest about, imo, is that you have to rent one from them.

Sounds like a mess. With Spectrum here, modem and install are free. I pay $69.99/mo for 100/10 internet and I get 118 down and 12 up consistently. I don't have TV (have an OTA antenna and Netflix)

Well, I started to test the new version, but EQ is down. Once I verify the patch works, I will finish updating the SVN. Hopefully they will be back up tonight. If not, It wont be until Saturday evening before I can finish the tarball and svn.

Famous Quotes:

Administrator

The exe was updated along with the server patch today, so the opcodes have changed again. As such there's probably not much point in committing the opcode portion of Wednesday's patch, but you'll probably still want to commit the struct changes.

Just to clarify, yes my modem is 8 years old, but it is still docsis 3.0. 3.1 is out now but is only for gig speed. It was top of the line back then and has a maximum throughput of 744meg. Granted they now go over 1gig but I have the low tier of 100meg. Well within my modems capability.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information