Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intermittent skittles and location not updating in real time

Re: Intermittent skittles and location not updating in real time

Glad you're able to reproduce it. That certainly speeds up the troubleshooting process.
    Thank you for looking into it. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Administrator

This appears to be due to a change in the new version of libpcap. When you get a chance, please try the attached patch on your FC30 system and let me know if it fixes it for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I did a few quick zones to/from guild lobby and everything appears to be in order. I'll put some hours on it and let you know if I see anything. Thank you for the fix!

I'm glad you brought this topic up. This has been a problem in my trying to get showeq to run on an uptodate linux install. It's very weird, as you described. It loads ok, but the data is intermittent, with no real way to force an update, it just sometimes does it. I tried putting in older versions of libpcap and that didn't help.

But cn187's patch to that part of showeq works. I now have it running no problem on Ubuntu 19.10. I can post some instructions on how I got it to go if anyone's interested.

So thanks you guys, this has been bugging me for months! Not that there's anything wrong with Centos, but it's nice not to have to reboot just for the one program, hehe.

*edit* maybe this should just be merged into the main release? Doesn't seem like it would hurt anything.
    Last edited by Flatline; 04-16-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    maybe this should just be merged into the main release? Doesn't seem like it would hurt anything.
    Ideally that's the goal. But I'm not super familiar with pcap, or with SEQ's network code, so I wanted to give it a little bit to make sure that it not only fixes the problem, but also doesn't break anything. I'm glad it's working for you. I expect I'll commit it to the repo soon.

Developer

I'm running debian, which currently provides pcap 1.8.1. I wasn't having issues, but I've applied the patch to see if it breaks. I'll run it for a few days and report back.

I don't expect any problems, but if there are, it shouldn't be hard to set up configure to ifdef the change based on what version of pcap is installed.

Administrator

Thanks, Newby. It's much appreciated.

@cn187, I was just about to reply that yeah it's a new version of libpcap issue. I'm running Arch so I get all of the fun issues in advance =). I also changed the code in my version to use the new binding libraries because those older functions are theoretically deprecated.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by slippery_slope View Post
    I also changed the code in my version to use the new binding libraries because those older functions are theoretically deprecated.
    Please consider submitting a patch with your changes.

Thread Information