Thread: What Linux version / flavour to use for Showeq?

What Linux version / flavour to use for Showeq?

Hi all. I have been using Showeq for a while now. The last version that I could get it to work on was Ubuntu 12.04.05 because Showeq required QT3 and 12.04.05 was the last release that QT3 worked on that I could find at the time.

Any suggestions of what version of any flavour of Linux will work with ShowEQ.

Thanks

Re: What Linux version / flavour to use for Showeq?

Centos 6.9 works right out of the box.

There is also a beta version, that is looking for beta testers. That uses qt4.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Re: What Linux version / flavour to use for Showeq?

To add to what BlueAdept said - if you do want to try the beta, then most (if not all) distros should still have qt4 (though it's slated for retirement soon. Hopefully we'll be updated to qt5 before that happens). One thing to look out for, however, is that qt4 doesn't support Wayland. So if you choose a distro that has replaced X11 with Wayland, then you're going to need to figure out how to get it to run X11 in order to use ShowEQ. If I remember correctly, users have reported the beta working on Debian Stretch, Debian Buster, Fedora 27, and CentOS 7. I'm sure other distros would work, too.

Thread Information