Thread: ShowEQ 5.13.10.96 for Live 04/15/20

Administrator

ShowEQ 5.13.10.96 for Live 04/15/20

Announcing the release of ShowEQ version 5.13.10.96. This version is compatible with the April 15th release. Special thanks to Newby for the patch.

Code:
    cn187 (04/16/20)
    -------------------
    - Updated version to 5.13.10.96
    - Support EQ patch 04/15/20
    - Updated Opcodes (Newby and cn187)
    - Updated Structs (Newby)
    This new release is available in the files section of SourceForge, or from the SVN repository at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/sho...s/v5_13_10_96/

Installation (tarball):
    Code:
    $ tar xjvf showeq-5.13.10.96.tar.bz2
    $ cd showeq-5.13.10.96
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ make install
    Installation (SVN):
    Code:
    $ svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq-5.13.10.96
    $ cd showeq-5.13.10.96
    $ make -f Makefile.dist build
    $ ./configure
    $ make
    $ make install

Re: ShowEQ 5.13.10.96 for Live 04/15/20

Thanks
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thank you very much for your continued support here! I'd like to contribute to getting SEQ working on Test.

I have a CentOS Raspberry PI that is working for live. I haven't been able to find a patch download for test. Is this a case where I need to try to figure out the OpCodes myself?

Please let me know. If there's a guide, I will follow it and provide the OpCode results here.

Best,
    JTuck

Administrator

Based on what I've seen in the code, it looks like it used to be necessary to recompile SEQ for use with test in addition to the opcodes. (I played and used SEQ back in the day, but never on test, so I don't know the details, and I think some of that code is missing from the repository). However, those configuration options no longer appear to be checked/used, so I don't know whether or not changing the opcodes/structs will be enough to get it working on test or if there will be other code changes needed. The only way to know for sure would be to try it.

There isn't an all-in-one guide for finding opcodes and struct changes, though there are a few posts in the forum that talk about how it's done. Unfortunately, it's not something that lends it self to "do X, do Y, then do Z." But the posts are definitely a decent starting point. I doubt I could've figured it out without them. These are a few that I have saved, though I searched for and read many more:

http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...atch-day-tasks
    http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...tc-(yes-again)
    http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...-fix-quot-Seq)

Not all of the info is still relevant, but the core ideas are.

I don't play on test myself, but I'm willing to put some effort into making SEQ work there as long as there are people that are willing to test and provide feedback. Since it sounds like you might fit that description (at least for the short term), I'll take a crack at it. Who knows, maybe I'll decide I like test and stay there...

That said, don't let my willingness to help discourage you from trying to learn to do it yourself. As I said, there's not really a guide, but if you have specific questions, post them in the dev forum and I (or someone else) will try to answer.

Administrator

Since you're probably auto-subscribed to this thread - FYI, I just posted a patch that seems to work with Test.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Since you're probably auto-subscribed to this thread - FYI, I just posted a patch that seems to work with Test.
    That's amazing. Thank you! I will try it out this weekend and see if I can get it going.

I think the patch command is something like " patch -p 0 < /build/showeq/conf/2020-04-21_test_server.diff.txt"

The Pi hasn't been keeping up well. Tonight I upgraded my ShowEQ box to run Ubuntu on a Core-i7 laptop.

In case it helps others, here are the commands I used to get my new Ubuntu box working on Live as validation. (I only play on the eq test server these days, which is amazing... Free, all but the latest expansion free, extra chill ass people, and crazy fast exp).

Code:
    # Become root
    sudo -i

# Add this repo to Ubuntu
    echo "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted multiverse universe" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/precise.list

# Update all of your packages
    apt update
    apt upgrade

# Install qt3. This one tends to be a PITA if you don't have the correct archive repo
    apt install qt3-dev-tools

apt install subversion
    apt install libtool
    apt install automake
    apt install libcap-dev

# Create your build folder
    mkdir /build
    cd /build

# Grab a copy of the glorious showeq bits
    svn checkout http://svn.code.sf.net/p/seq/svn/showeq/trunk showeq
    cd showeq

make -f Makefile.dist build
    ./configure

make
    make install

# Launch showeq and enjoy!
    cd /usr/local/bin/
    ./showeq

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jtuck88 View Post
    I think the patch command is something like " patch -p 0 < /build/showeq/conf/2020-04-21_test_server.diff.txt"
    While most of the patches posted use "-p 0", this one will need "-p 1"

Code:
    patch -p1 < 2020-04-21_test_server.diff.txt

The patch works great on test. It's absolutely fantastic to have SEQ working. It makes the game a ton more enjoyable.
    Thank you again. I very much appreciate it!

I got a copy of IDA Pro to try to help finding OpCodes. At this point it feels like an overpriced Hex editor, but I was able to save off some files as C code. I'll dig in to see if I can figure out which file has the Hex values that are in everquest.h.
    Any tips people can provide would be great!

Administrator

Great! Glad it's working for you.

Honestly, you don't need IDA to find opcodes - generally just logging packets via SEQ's Network menu and then matching up what's in the log with the lengths and contents of the structures in everquest.h will get you pretty far. Especially once you get a feel for what you're supposed to see, and/or can refer to logs of play sessions with working opcodes. It can be done via IDA, and some people have, but most seem to choose the other route.

If you have specific questions, post in the development forum and hopefully someone will be able to answer them.

Administrator

I've always been intrigued by pulling a full opcode table to see what else is in there that we are not using. I have IDA but never had any luck finding what I was looking for

Thread Information