Thread: Problems getting filters to pop up in notepad.

Problems getting filters to pop up in notepad.

So I have been having this problem for a while now and was hoping that someone knew of a solution. Whenever I have ShowEQ up and I click on Edit>Edit Zone alerts, the notepad for that zone will not pop up. The only way I can actually change or add any mobs in my hunt list or danger list etc. is to go to file browser and find the zone file manually. This is just an annoyance but one I am hoping that someone has come across and has been able too fix. Thank you for any help.

Re: Problems getting filters to pop up in notepad.

Your file association for .xml files might not be completely set. I'm not sure which one myseq uses, but it could either be the Open funcion or the Edit function. Open is set via the right click -> open with command in explorer. Edit may or may not be set. You can check by using ShellMenuView. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html

To make things easy, I'd suggest installing something like Editpad or Notepad+ and just letting it set file associations correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline View Post
    Your file association for .xml files might not be completely set. I'm not sure which one myseq uses, but it could either be the Open funcion or the Edit function. Open is set via the right click -> open with command in explorer. Edit may or may not be set. You can check by using ShellMenuView. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shell_menu_view.html

To make things easy, I'd suggest installing something like Editpad or Notepad+ and just letting it set file associations correctly.
    MySEQ is hardcoded to use notepad, installing other programs or changing file associations won't help.

Thats what I get for replacing the notepad.exe years ago 8P

Thread Information