Thread: Beta 6 Status

Administrator

Beta 6 Status

Just a quick post to discuss where we're at with the beta, and future plans.

As far as I know, the beta is pretty stable. There were some crashes reported by users early on, but I believe those have all been fixed. I know I haven't had a crash in a long time.

There are some other minor issues remaining that are either hard to reproduce, or they also exist in the main build, so they're not beta-specific. Some of them are probably better left for a bit later, and some I would like to fix ASAP if I can find a way to reproduce them.

I've recently started pushing some of my local changes to SVN. Over the past few months, I've been working on-and-off to replace the Qt3-to-Qt4 compatibility classes with the native Qt4 classes. This is necessary to move to Qt5, as Qt5 dropped the Qt3 compatibility stuff completely. And with Qt6 coming out soon, Linux distributions have already started dropping support for Qt4. I don't want us to get into the same position with Qt4 that we have been with Qt3, so I want to make getting to Qt5 a priority. I want to keep SEQ buildable on modern distros.

Unfortunately, a lot of required code changes aren't direct renames/mappings of old-to-new, so there's a chance we'll wind up with new bugs out of it. And while I do test, I won't catch everything.

So if you're running the beta, thanks! If you're not running the beta but want to, then please do! In either case, please report any issues you encounter so I can fix them.

You can post issues to the big thread if you want, but feel free to create new posts in the beta forum as well.

Re: Beta 6 Status

I am going to make an announcement in the main news section. I want everyone to start testing it and start putting together a plan to move over to the new branch.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information