Thread: ShowEQ 6 Distro Compatibility Notes

Threaded View

Administrator

ShowEQ 6 Distro Compatibility Notes

This thread is to document what distributions ShowEQ6 works on, and any extra steps that are required to get it to run.

If you're running a distro/version that's not listed here (or the listed info is incomplete/incorrect), please comment with the distro-specific info including details of any steps you had to take to get ShowEQ6 working.

I'll edit/update this post to reflect any new info, and ideally we'll eventually put the results into the install guide that is distributed with SEQ.

A note about Wayland:
    Qt4 does not support Wayland, so ShowEQ6 will probably not work under Wayland at this time. As such, if you're using a distro that uses Wayland by default, you'll need to make sure you're running ShowEQ under X11.

A note about network interface names:
    There are differences in network interface naming between distros. For the purposes of this post, I'll refer to them as

* classic: eth0, wlan0, etc.
    * systemd: ens0p0, wls0p0, etc.

You can find your interface name using the ifconfig or ip addr commands.

ShowEQ currently assumes your interface is eth0. If yours is different, you can pass the interface name on the ShowEQ command line with the -i switch, then "Save Preferences" to keep that setting for future sessions.

Debian 10 (buster):
    * Works with distribution-provided libraries (build-essential, libqt4-dev, libpcap0.8-dev, autoconf, automake, libtool, zlib1g-dev)
    * Uses systemd interface names

CentOS 7:
    * Works with distribution-provided libraries (group "Development Tools", qt-devel, libpcap-devel)
    * May use classic or systemd interface names
    Last edited by cn187; 11-09-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information