Thread: Random lockups

Random lockups

This has been happening for awhile. I thought it was related to the network port changes, but it happens with the live patch today. It will randomly stop updating in a zone I've been in for awhile and just shows this in the console:

Code:
    Debug: PCAP Filter Set: udp[0:2] > 1024 and udp[2:2] > 1024 and ether proto 0x0800 and host 10.7.2.87 and not broadcast and not multicast
    Info: EQPacket: SessionDisconnect detected, awaiting next zone session,  pcap filter: EQ Client 10.7.2.87
    Any ideas?

EDIT: Also see this when zoning into a zone with the update today:

Code:
    Warning: OP_ZoneEntry  (0xfa7) (dataLen: 92) doesn't match: sizeof(ClientZoneEntryStruct):88

Administrator

Re: Random lockups

As far as I can tell, whenever this happens, it's due to random traffic on the local LAN confusing SEQ. I have some ideas on how to make this less of an issue, but it may be a while before I can get to them.

For now, I'd recommend turning on Session Tracking under the Network menu and see if that helps.

Also, the OP_ZoneEntry warning has been like that for a while IIRC. I don't think it's hurting much, but I'll try to take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    As far as I can tell, whenever this happens, it's due to random traffic on the local LAN confusing SEQ. I have some ideas on how to make this less of an issue, but it may be a while before I can get to them.

For now, I'd recommend turning on Session Tracking under the Network menu and see if that helps.

Also, the OP_ZoneEntry warning has been like that for a while IIRC. I don't think it's hurting much, but I'll try to take a look at it.
    Thanks. I enabled the session tracking and will report back if that helps!

Appreciate all that you do!

Administrator

Code:
    Warning: OP_ZoneEntry  (0xfa7) (dataLen: 92) doesn't match: sizeof(ClientZoneEntryStruct):88
    This is easily fixed by editing everquest.h ClientZoneEntryStruct to:

Code:
    /*
    ** Client Zone Entry struct
    ** Length: 92 Octets
    ** OpCode: ZoneEntryCode (when direction == client)
    */
    struct ClientZoneEntryStruct
    {
    /*0000*/ uint32_t unknown0000;                   // ***Placeholder
    /*0004*/ char     name[32];                          // Player firstname
    /*0036*/ uint8_t  unknown0036[28];             // ***Placeholder
    /*0064*/ uint32_t unknown0064[7];             // unknown
    /*0092*/
    };

Thread Information