Thread: Get ShowEQ for Windows

Get ShowEQ for Windows

1) Download the most recent version of MySEQ from SourceForge:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...dows%20SEQ%29/
    - do not download the folder with 'src' in the title
    2) Unzip the download & put the final MySEQ folder wherever you like
    3) Click to run 'server.exe' inside the folder
    4) Press 'Edit Offsets' button in the server application window
    5) Copy the offset info from the most recent post here: (MUST UPDATE EVERY PATCH)
    http://www.showeq.net/forums/forumdi...ySEQ-Help-Desk
    - copy all the text, from '[File Info]' through the last 'NameOffset=...' line
    - only use the Test offsets post if you play on Test server
    6) Delete / paste the new offset info into the 'Edit Offsets' file (from step 4)
    7) CTRL+S or 'File > Save' to save your updates
    8) Click 'Reload' in the server application window
    9) Click to run 'MySEQ.exe' in the MySEQ folder (from step 2)

Getting this info from the forums is a clusterf'k. Please sticky this!
    Last edited by Roam; 08-02-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Re: Get ShowEQ for Windows

Need to unstick the 2005 post on how to get it running, and then sticky this one. I don't have the permissions, but hopefully Blue will read this and do it. If not, I'll dm him in a few days.

Did this get bumped off the Help Desk subforum for some reason?

Sorry EQDialup, I don't usually check the MySEQ posts.

You could have PM me. You have full moderation rights to all of MySEQ. Apparently, you are in the moderator and developer groups but I had to add you to the forums also.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Is this thing detectable by eqgame.exe ?

MySEQ (Windows ShowEQ) has always been detectable. Linux ShowEQ is the only one that is not detectable. I dont think anyone has been banned using MySEQ for a long while (except for being stupid about it).
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    MySEQ (Windows ShowEQ) has always been detectable. Linux ShowEQ is the only one that is not detectable. I dont think anyone has been banned using MySEQ for a long while (except for being stupid about it).
    Yeah I knew Linux version is undetectable which is why I am still using it. So glad you, cn, newby and others are still kicking ass.

This helped a ton. Thanks Roam!

Disclaimer: I am n00b and don't know things. Suggestions are very much appreciated.
    Here were my issues and resolutions:

1) On a 64bit machine, the regular MySeq (32bit) download (2.5) at the top didn't work. Found on the forum somewhere that I needed the 64bit client. If I re-find that post I will edit this reply with a link.

2) The MySeq 64bit download "showeq 3.0.0" at the bottom ended up working, but that download did not have all the files needed to run MySeq like the 32bit (2.5) file at the top did.
    I copied the missing files from the 32bit download into the 64bit 3.0.0 file folder and it worked!

3) I was not able to get the 64bit 3.0.1 version to work using the previous method; I have no idea why not. But I was happy to have one version working, so went back to 3.0.0.
    Ideas?

My only real, ongoing issue is that the maps often don't load for some zones; maybe only on DZs? So I just see a lot of colored dots on a black canvas.

I super appreciate everyone's continued work and contribution to this creation
    Last edited by mosep; 07-13-2023 at 03:35 AM.

Hi there!

First time user of this software, or rather, first time wannabe user, as i can't get it to work.

I have followed the steps pinned at the top, but downloading the latest 3.0.0.1 i only have the myseq and myseq_2.5.0 executable, which do not work by themselves.
    Downloading the 2.5.0. copying its contents over to the 3.0.0.1 folder (and not overwriting the existing files) i can start the server file.

Updating to laurions song latest offsets, i can save the file no issues. when hitting the 'reload' button, everything goes 0x7ffffffff (sounds like an error to me?)
    Anyway, after doing this. I try opening both the myseq executable and the myseq2.5 executable. and they both just simply show a black grid.

I am asuming something is to show here. but i'm not seeing anything.
    What am i missing here?

perhaps worth noting. im playing on TLP.
    Last edited by dacarada; 12-29-2023 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacarada View Post
    Hi there!

First time user of this software, or rather, first time wannabe user, as i can't get it to work.

I have followed the steps pinned at the top, but downloading the latest 3.0.0.1 i only have the myseq and myseq_2.5.0 executable, which do not work by themselves.
    Downloading the 2.5.0. copying its contents over to the 3.0.0.1 folder (and not overwriting the existing files) i can start the server file.

Updating to laurions song latest offsets, i can save the file no issues. when hitting the 'reload' button, everything goes 0x7ffffffff (sounds like an error to me?)
    Anyway, after doing this. I try opening both the myseq executable and the myseq2.5 executable. and they both just simply show a black grid.
    Those #'s you are seeing is what you will get using the 32-bit server program with 64-bit offsets.

You need to download the 3.0.0.0 version as it is currently the only source for the 64-bit server. Copy the server.exe file out of it.

Thank you!

Thread Information