Thread: Can't Load MySEQ 3.0

Can't Load MySEQ 3.0

I've had a hard time trying to get MySEQ 3.0.0 client to launch.

I downloaded from eqDialup's Sourceforge link in his first post on 02-14-2022 in the News forum, I also downloaded his other post in News (the zip file on 02-20-2022). Server launches without a problem and the MySEQ 2.5 client launches and connects to server with no problems.

When I try to launch MySEQ 3.0.0 client, nothing, no connection to server, just double click, about a half second pause and nothing, task manager shows no process running.

Sorry I've run out of ideas at this point, can someone help?

Re: Can't Load MySEQ 3.0

Are you running the 3.0 from the same folder as you run 2.5 from? Can you go to a command line and get into the folder and run it from a command line?

Thanks for the reply eqDialup. I am very anxious to try your version 3.0.

I actually removed the 2.5 client and created a MySEQ64 folder with the 3.0 client, the server and the other files/folders. Attached is a zip my my SEQ64 folder.

I can launch the server from the Windows Finder. I can not launch the 3.0 client from the finder or the command line. I also excluded my SEQ64 folder in Windows Security.
    Last edited by MacQ; 03-23-2022 at 05:18 PM.

I downloaded and ran that and it works just fine. I'm down to double checking firewall and anti-virus to make sure you don't have it blacklisted somehow, and checking your .net version. You don't say what version of windows you are on, but the default .net changes based on that. You need at least 4.7.2. https://www.howtogeek.com/731913/how...on-windows-10/

Sorry I left out that info. I'm running Win 10 Pro and just like my older version of MySEQ, I did add my MySEQ64 folder to Windows Security (both allow firewall passthrough and virus scan ignore). I even disabled my Windows firewall(s), but still no difference.

Thank you, I didn't think about checking .net, but my version seems to be current at 4.8.04084.

PS.jpg

I did noticed something interesting ... if I double click (launch) the 64-bit client, there is a "window's spinner" for a split second then nothing. However, if I right-click on the 64-bit client and select Run as Administrator, there is also a quick launch, BUT I hear the bong sound you get when the client connects to the server. So when I Run as Administrator, I think the 64-bit client does connect to the server for a split second (I saw the server status go from Listening to Connected in a split second) then the 64-bit client terminates. The 64-bit client never actually creates its window.

I wonder if there is something corrupted, specifically, if I remember correctly, I think File Options in the client are not stored in a file, I think they are stored in the registry, though I have never verified this but I have never found a file that contains these settings, like file paths, and so on.

This one really has me stumped because I've been running MySEQ for many years and it's always been straight forward. I'm currently running version 2.5 with no issues.

P.S. I have another Win 10 system running EQ/MQ so I tested there and have the same issues on that computer, the 2.5 client/server work, but not the 64-bit 3.0 client. I am losing my mind LOL.
    Last edited by MacQ; 03-25-2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: PS More Info

Just got back to cleaning up the code. For what it's worth, the new config's save in %appdata%/local/MySEQ_Project. If you have anything in there, try deleting it and see what it creates new.

I assembled a new system, moved to Windows 11, so a fresh install.

I unpacked the zip file I posted above but I get the same results, MySEQ (ver 3) does not launch. If I try to launch it as Run as Administrator, I get a quick beep then nothing else. I am able to run the older version 2.5.0.0.

This is really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by eqDialup View Post
    Just got back to cleaning up the code. For what it's worth, the new config's save in %appdata%/local/MySEQ_Project. If you have anything in there, try deleting it and see what it creates new.
    where is the new code? github doesnt look updated

Yea - updated a bunch of stuff over the weekend, and compiled everything. It works fine in the code IDE, but if I launch it stand alone, it does the same thing. I can finally hopefully debug, and then get 3.0 out in a workable version.

Quote Originally Posted by MacQ View Post
    I assembled a new system, moved to Windows 11, so a fresh install.

I unpacked the zip file I posted above but I get the same results, MySEQ (ver 3) does not launch. If I try to launch it as Run as Administrator, I get a quick beep then nothing else. I am able to run the older version 2.5.0.0.

This is really strange.

Thanks for the update eqDialup, at least I know I am not loosing my mind.

I look forward to using your v3.0, in the meantime, I continue to use 2.5.0.0.

Thread Information