Thread: spawnpoints

spawnpoints

I'm wondering if we could add something that would disable writing to *.sp files in ~/.showeq/spawnpoints but keep the timers? I just thought of something while writing this post. I just chattr +i that directory. And another idea - ln -s /tmp/spawnpoints/ ~/.showeq/spawnpoints/
    Last edited by Loki; 05-28-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Administrator

Re: spawnpoints

It's probably feasible to add a toggle that would/wouldn't write the spawnpoint data to the file. Though I recently changed jobs and don't have a lot of free time right now, so I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

No rush.... my crude workaround (the chattr +i) appears to be good enough. I just don't like seeing tons of + on maps.

And congratulation on a new job (if it's better at least.) =)

Congrats on the new job. Hopefully it is a step up instead of a step down.

I was lucky to get my 3 year old job now at my age. I have a feeling the next one will be quite a step down so I want to hold onto this one as long as possible. A lot of places discriminate based on age. No one wants to hire a middle aged IT guy.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Thanks. Yeah, I think it will be good. It's less responsibility (therefore hopefully less stress), but since I don't really want to climb the ladder any more, I really didn't mind. Especially since it's better pay and more interesting work, with similar hours.

BA, I wouldn't count yourself out. Yes, ageism exists in tech, but IIRC, I'm only a few years younger than you, and I had recruiters beating down my door when I switched my LinkedIn to "looking for work". To the point I was simply turning down most interview requests and was able to be super picky about the ones I accepted. The job market for tech has been absolutely bonkers lately and companies are really hard up for people with real experience. If you're happy where you're at and well-compensated, then that's great. But if there's an inkling of doubt, I'd really recommend putting out some feelers - you might be surprised/pleased at what turns up.

Thread Information