Thread: Console Spam

Threaded View

Administrator

Re: Console Spam

As far as I can tell, zone IDs only go up to 1000 (unless they decided to do something really weird). I think it's more likely to be a struct change.

A quick look through the code only shows a few paths that will generate that debug message. I don't think it's zonechange or player profile related, as I suspect things would be broken, rather than just showing a debug message.

I suspect either OP_GuildMemberList, or maybe zonePointStruct.

To test for OP_GuildMemberList, check and see if the zone info in the Guild window is correct, and/or check and see if you get the same debug messages with a character that isn't in a guild. (alternately you could probably replace the opcode for OP_GuiildMemberList with ffff and see if the message goes away).

I could easily see it being this one, because I don't think much attention has been paid to the guild-related code for quite a while.

If it's zonePointStruct, I'd expect that hovering over a zone-exit clickable (like a PoK book) should cause the debug message to print, and a bad zone name in the popup text.

I could also see it being this, as some other issues have been reported that may be related.
    Last edited by cn187; 03-16-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information