Thread: 6/21 Patch

Administrator

6/21 Patch

Struct and opcode updates. Apply with "patch -p1".

I'm investigating some potential issues, but they may be specific to my setup. Hopefully this patch will get most everyone up and running.

If you experience any issues with decode or zoning (or anything else, really), please post below. Otherwise, I'll update SVN and the tarball as soon as I'm satisfied what I'm seeing is specific to my setup and not something that's broken.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cn187; 06-21-2023 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Update patch to r2

Developer

Re: 6/21 Patch

You usually update SVN directly; I checked that and didn't see anything, so I did my usual.

Administrator

Yes, I usually do. But I was seeing weird network stuff - missing sessions, missing packets, and some other stuff. I wasn't sure if they changed something or if my system was being weird. It must've been the latter, cause it seems to have sorted itself out with a couple of logout/logins. At least it seems fine now. I guess I'll still wait a little bit and see if anyone else reports anything.

Sorry if you did work you didn't need to. But thanks for doing the update regardless.

Dumb question inc, but how do you apply this patch? Been using svn up til now

Administrator

Download the patch. Then cd to where your svn working dir is and run
    Code:
    patch -p1 < /path/to/patch/file.txt
    It should should show you the names of the files that got patched (everquest.h and zoneopcodes.xml) and not show any errors. Then build as normal.

Sorry I didn't realize there was a patch. Work has really kept me busy and worked yesterday and last night until 3am and back to work at 9am.

I will try to find some time to work on it. Ill try to get a release out some time this weekend. I have a car appointment that is going to take most of my saturday and sunday I have my second job.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

That worked. thanks everyone

CN187 I just downloaded the svn to patch it but it looks like you already did. I dont want to mess anything up. I will leave the release up to you.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Administrator

Did it this morning. There was a problem with the auto upload of the tarball, but hopefully it's fixed now.

Never mind, my managed switch was the problem - had to factory reset it. I did firmware update to it a few days ago.

Sorry for the alarm.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-23-2023 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks cn187. Sorry for not getting it done. Work has been hell recently.

Famous Quotes:

Administrator

No worries. I was going to do it Wednesday, but as mentioned upthread I saw some weirdness and wanted to make sure if it was my system or game changes. So it's just as well that we waited.

Thread Information