Thread: Anyone have showeq for quarm?

Anyone have showeq for quarm?

You can DM me if you prefer. Not sure if it’s allowed,but I’d be willing to donate for your time to get it working.

Re: Anyone have showeq for quarm?

I'm about half way there. Got all the structs / opcodes updated. The big problem I have is it uses the original packet format from 2001ish, and I am not strong enough in C derivatives to make the major changes required to reimplement that packet stream style.

I had originally hoped that all the open source part of this game server would make it easier to get us up and running, but the client is so old it nearly predates showeq all together. Ive tried a few things here and there but yeah... no dice on my end.

Honestly messing with showeq has started me down the path of learning to code... but Ive got a long ways to go. Hosting apps on linux is my thing, creating them... not so much.

Most of the old versions of ShowEQ are on the sourceforge site. I think one of these https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...roject%201999/ will work for that era. It would just need any changes for structs or opcodes that they changed.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

I really didn't want to go all the way back to the dark ages just to get the correct underlying packet format. At that point I'd almost rather use the SINS codebase.

FWIW i've gotten it all tied together to get the datastream, and process the packets into opcode payload formatted app packets, but I've run into a snag on the encryption. I'm either missing something, or secrets has an additional branch they apply that isn't public containing modified crypt code.
    Last edited by santa47; 02-10-2024 at 03:05 AM.

Hey blue, I saw on the roadmap a long term goal is to split showeq into two. Still interested in that? I ask because my solution for capture / decryption due to some frustration is a grpc service offering app packets via stream.

Interesting development! ShowEQ's division into two halves accords with long-term objectives. Your use of a gRPC service for packet capture and decryption is a novel way that may alleviate annoyance while also improving functionality. I'm excited to watch how things progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by santa47 View Post
    Hey blue, I saw on the roadmap a long term goal is to split showeq into two. Still interested in that? I ask because my solution for capture / decryption due to some frustration is a grpc service offering app packets via stream.

https://github.com/nomoresecretz/ghoeq/

I have working decryption but the public repo doesn't include those short specific modules or the opcode list, but still working on the branch which turns this into a gRPC service that showeq can connect to, assuming blue wants to support that.

Thread Information