Thread: Problems building missing ICE libraries

Problems building missing ICE libraries

I am getting the message:
    Code:
    configure: error: cannot find ICE library.  Install the ICE development package
    I have built SEQ many times on many different platforms over the years and this is the first time I have encountered this particular issue. I think I have the appropriate libraries installed but apparently not. I am building on Kubuntu 23.10. Any thoughts on what I might be missing or otherwise how to fix this error?

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: Problems building missing ICE libraries

I suppose we should expand that error message a little.

You're missing the development package for the X11 Inter-Client Exchange (ICE) library. On kubuntu this is probably libice-dev

Re: Problems building missing ICE libraries

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    I suppose we should expand that error message a little.

You're missing the development package for the X11 Inter-Client Exchange (ICE) library. On kubuntu this is probably libice-dev
    Thanks that took care of it. Definitely some clarification in the error would have helped since I installed the library that came up when I googled the message and was very confused when I still got the same message. Still odd that it was missing after installing the X11 dev bundle. Oh well I'll chalk that one up to a glitch in the matrix.

Thread Information