While tech savvy, I am new to ShowEQ; this is my first time attempting to set it up. So far, I'm unable to see any actual activity in the GUI. No spawns, map loading/movement, etc.

My EQ machine is a Win10 Desktop. My SEQ machine is a Laptop that I installed Linux Mint 21.3 Xfce. I have a GS305E Netgear switch with 3 connections: ethernet from router, ethernet to laptop (port 2), and ethernet to desktop (port 3). I have it configured to mirror traffic from my eq desktop (3) to showeq laptop (2).

On the laptop, I have SEQ 6.3.10 installed (GCC 11.4, glibc 2.35, Qt 4.8.7). After some trial and error, I primarily followed this guide to set it up: https://www.showeq.net/forums/showth...wEQ-mini-guide. When launching it, I set it to use the NIC for my ethernet. I have tried all the steps with and without session tracking checked, and I do make sure to zone back and forth to try and get it working.

Under network diagnostics, it shows packets right away under "zone->client", and that's it. Once I set it to monitor EQ client IP address with the IP of my EQ machine / desktop, it begins to start showing packets for "client->zone", so it appears it is able to see traffic. It never shows any packets under world->client or client->world, for whatever that matters. I tried MAC filtering as well for physical address of my eq desktop, but didn't have any better luck there.

When looking at traffic under tcpdump on the showeq laptop, I do see various connections being made. <Desktop-Name>.lan:<port> to lvseq-chatxx when sending tells it seems. When I zone, I see connections eqworld-xx.everquest.com -> <Desktop-Name>.lan.<port>. I see plenty of back and forth traffic like eqzone-xx.everquest.com.<port> > <Desktop-Name>.lan:<port>, 2 way traffic. So I don't really know what I'm looking here except making assumptions, but it seems all that traffic indeed is visibile to the showeq laptop. I do specifically mention that it shows the name of the desktop under tcpdump instead of the actual IP (since I see troubleshooting tips people say to grep for the client IP, I need to grep for the PC name). However, its definitely the right machine- nslookup from the laptop of that name shows the IP I would expect that I am using to filter on.

When I zone, I do see it say in the showeq terminal "SessionRequest detected, pcap filter: EQ Client <Desktop_PORT>, Client port 57609, Server port 2128", as well as "PCAP Filter Set: udp and (portrange 9000-9007 or port 9876 or port 61332) and host <Desktop_PORT> and either proto 0x8800 and not broadcast and not multicast" so it seems it is able to see some of the traffic. I've rarely seen this, but while playing around today, I occasionally see "Warning: SEQ: Giving up on finding arg xxxx in stream zone-client cache, skipping!" After zoning again I haven't seen that pop up. I can't find anything else useful.

Any suggestions for anything I could be missing, or for any other troubleshooting steps?