Thread: Exclude from global filters for specific zone / objects

Exclude from global filters for specific zone / objects

Is there a way to have "doors" show up in one zone, when they are in the global exclude filter? Some zones use door objects for quests and having them show on the map would be nice to find their location. More often than not, you don't need to see them, but sometimes you do.

Administrator

Re: Exclude from global filters for specific zone / objects

Hmm... Good question.

I don't know if either of these will work (and can't test right now), but have you tried

1. selecting "show filtered spawns" (or whatever it's called) in the map context menu? Of course, this means anything else you have filtered will show up, too.

2. putting them in a non-filtered section (e.g., hunt) of the zone filter file? I don't remember how the filters get applied, so I'm not sure if zone overrides global.

3. doing a search on them in the search box. Again, not sure if this will override filters.

I'd be curious to know what works/doesn't.

1) Show filtered spawns seems to be broken. Doesn't show them. The only way I can see any of them is going to Filtered and picking one in the spawnlist.

2) I added "<oldfilter><regex>.*Door.*</regex></oldfilter>" to Locate, and it doesn't show any under Locate spawnlist.

3) Filter search box does not find them either.

Seems global door filter trumps all.

Administrator

Thanks for testing. There's also a "Show doors" in the map context menu. I doubt it would override filtered either, but maybe you could remove it from filtered and just toggle the display based on whether you want them on or off. They would still show up in the spawn list, but I would think that should be fixable with a custom category. Not a perfect solution, but maybe a functional work around for the time being?

Since it would be a pain to remove it from the global and add it to all zone filters except for one, it does sound like we need a way to override global filters at the zone level. Added to my list.

Interesting. If you have both show filtered AND doors selected, they do show on the map. They do not show with one or the other only.

They don't appear in the spawnlist at all though.

Thank you! Having a zone filter override the global makes sense.

Administrator

I guess "show filtered" is more like "allow filtered to be shown", so whether or not the filtered items themselves are shown depends on whether or not you're showing that spawn type. That is interesting. It seems odd, but it sort of makes sense to me.

And no, I wouldn't expect them to show in the spawnlist if they're filtered. I meant if you removed them from filtered and just toggled showing/hiding them on the map, then they'd show up in the spawn list.

Thread Information