Thread: ShowEQ famous!?!?!?

ShowEQ famous!?!?!?

Well Googles AI knows about the program....

Yes, I am familiar with ShowEQ. It was a program designed to decode the EverQuest data stream and display information about the game on another computer. Here's what I know about it:

Functionality: ShowEQ functioned as a real-time packet analyzer for the MMORPG EverQuest. It passively captured data packets exchanged between the game client and server, then processed and displayed that information for the user.
    Information Provided: ShowEQ provided players with a wealth of in-game details they wouldn't normally have access to, including:
    Exact amount of experience points (XP) dropped by monsters
    Location and equipment of specific monsters
    Real-time information about the game world
    Technical Details: ShowEQ was primarily designed for the Linux operating system. It operated by passively capturing network packets and then interpreting the data to display useful information.
    Current Status: While ShowEQ was a popular tool in the early days of EverQuest, it's considered a cheat program by the game's developers and is currently banned on most EverQuest servers.

I wonder if it could be a tool to help find the op codes or correct code...
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: ShowEQ famous!?!?!?

I've thought about rigging this up in terms of automating the opcode matches on changes, you'd be pretty amazed what modern AI can do, especially on simple pattern matching like that work is. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that problem yet so its been on my back burner.
    Last edited by santa47; 03-19-2024 at 12:33 AM.

I though about seeing if it would help with op codes but it says it is a cheat program and it would be unethical to help do anything...
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

chatgpt isn't going to have the data to transform it anyway, but it's not that hard to train a model to autodetect most of the opcodes basically immediately. struct reorders would be more difficult but not impossible.

Developer

You don't need AI to find opcodes. I do most of my heavy lifting with python scripts.

And no, I can't share. The patterns it looks for are specific to my characters.

You don't "need" ai to do anything. It can be done with a giant python if statement. That's not why you use it. You use it so you don't have to write and maintain a 500 line nested if block in python, when a robot will do it for you automatically.

Thread Information