Thread: QT Problems

QT Problems

Newbie here and I am having problems building SEQ. I am getting what appears to be a linker error after SEQ compiles:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt.

After searching on the threads here it seems this is a result of not configuring QT with the -threads option. However, after re-configuring with -threads, doing a make clean and a make on QT I am still getting this error. Is there a way to confirm that QT has been built with this option? Any other possible reasons for this linker error?

QT 2.3.2
    $QTDIR=/opt/qt-2.3.2, QTLIB et all set properly.
    gcc 3.0.1

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

are you sure you compiled with gcc-3.0.1? you actually have to physically change a file (/qt-2.3.2/configs/linux-g++-shared i think) and change all "gcc" to "gcc3" or "gcc-3.0.1" depending on distrib. also, g++ to g++3 or g++-3.0.1

Thanks for the info. I am running Red Hat 7.1 as my distro. I ran a rpm -e for all gcc (2.96 I believe was the previous version) packages then installed the 3.0.1-1 versions. I can verify by running gcc --version and g++ --version that both report 3.0.1 so the gcc on the path is the correct version also. I have no problems building QT itself, and am able to run all of the QT samples without incident also. I will try to rebuild all again today and see if there are any changes but I think I am making some fundamental mistake and am unsure exactly where.

i am running mandrake 8.1 and i seem to be geting the same error altho i hace checked to make sure i have done everything right and i have...

what's the deal?

Thread Information