#1. should have been code information, not transmittable packets. Each render request goes through the same old VESA command structs, (why? I don't know.. with the new particle engine changes, I don't see why regular VESA calls are made)

Its not like I am a rocket scientist eithere.. LOL. The calls maybe just for the introduction of a request and not actually used. (MAN do I wish I could get the source for EQ.. LOL)..

#2. Yeah.. that looked a little lame.. What I meant by that, is adding those new features they need to make changes to the .exe and the Globals. The Engine Drivers for the added textures both new, old and revised. Why? I believe it was nVidia that made that happen with their code drivers, so did ATI and other Video Card manufacturers. The particle engine in EQ and the DX driver that runs it, are proprietery based, that means that each change or addition you give to the game, need to be supported by the video drivers. the eqdx driver gets changed alot, to "augment" the Video Card's native driver. Thus, when they add specific graphics changes to the game by adding to the globals (.s3d) and new textures, they usually ( not always ) have to make changes to the EQDX driver to support it.

Particle Engines and Textures not properly "parsed???" or optimized.. (or whatever) could be the cause for much of the Graphics Lag. Even people with ATI Radeon's with 128mb to GeForce 4's with 128, see these little "quircks".

Turning off the models and particles help alot, so it just is something that I think they are working on. Re-Organizing the CODE to make room is more than likely what is "breaking" SEQ.

SEQ relies on certain "constants" in order to function. Since EQ is very dynamic in its changes, making even a code placement change, will "break" SEQ. ( Actually, SEQ is not broken, it just is looking for a particular thing where it USED to be and not finding it.) As well as not seeing the compression etc...etc..

Alot can be learned by these new and upcoming changes. I look at the information I have gathered, and have decided that MAYBE, making a Module based SEQ ( where structs are cased in modules ) may allow updates to be resolved easier. Sort of like the old ".INI" features that you can make in the eqclient.ini..

Do you think?