I was trying to get some nice LDoN maps for SEQ and scanning the threads for the map converter scripts as I have SOE maps, but not SEQ maps for the new zones.
Went through the hassle of finding all the stuff I needed, converting the maps, etc, and realized I do this a lot.
So I went ahead and added a new 'Tools' menu to showeq with:
Map Conversion->SOE to SEQ, and SEQ to SOE!

This is a BETA patch, as in I have tested it, it works, but I have only tested it a little, individual usage may vary!

I am posting it here not because I would like it in CVS, but because I would like to hear other peoples comments on it, modifications to it, etc, so it can be a nicer addition to the ShowEQ code.

(Hence why it's only a link on this page at the moment and not on the SEQ Patches page)

Right now it does VERY basic map conversions (no line predictions when converting SOE->SEQ just straight 2 point M lines)

Colors are properly converted (with the exception of 0,0,0 (black))from SOE maps to SEQ maps (which it turns to 255 255 255 (white))
(Actually it uses if R < 20 && G < 20 && B < 20)

Converting from SEQ maps to SOE maps, it properly converts HEX values to RGB, and also from named colors (eg. blue) to RGB without using an external RGB.txt file

I have tested this with a few zones and it *seemed* to work fine, though some lines were hard to see when loaded in EQ for example since SEQ primarily uses white ish lines, on the default EQ background is a bit hard to see ;)

SOE->SEQ works like a charm too :)

Feel more than free to chop up the code, rewrite parts, whatever, just please post here if you make a dramatic addition or fix (eg. line prediction so you can use multipoint M lines when going from SOE->SEQ)

It will patch against stock 4.3.12 as well as 4.3.12 with my previous patch adding shared platinum info.

Syntax to patch is:
cd showeq
patch -p1 < ../wherethepatchis/09-11-2003_4.3.12_mapConvert.patch

And you know the rest.

Well thats it for me for now.
Have fun and hope it helps out a bit :)

Belith/UnGod