Thread: New Modified Version

Threaded View

New Modified Version

Note This version was developed using .Net 2003, so you need .Net framework 1.1 installed to run it.

- It may be possible to convert the project back to .Net 2002, but i have not tried yet.

<EDIT>
    attempt 2 - stupid file size limit gonna try split it using RAR
    </EDIT>

<EDIT>
    ARG!!! cant upload rar files. Changing the file extension to .zip, you will ned to rename them back to .rar before you can extract them.
    </EDIT>

This code is based on Netonims version.

Changes:
    1) integrated latest showeq races + bodytypes + con code. + changed code so it doesnt complain about unknown or out of range races + types.
    2) Addressed crashing problem on win98 + ME (all drawing now done within a try catch)
    3) Converted the Network routines to use non blocking asynchronous reads (doesnt increase frame rate but makes the client more responsive)
    4) When using player con colours, a yellow square is drawn arround the spawn so that you can easily tell which spawns are players.
    5) Corpses now appear when players or mobs die. White circle for mobs, yellow square for players. (nb player corpse detection is not perfect - but works well for players that have last names)
    6) Fixed problem with starting myseq in an unknown zone.
    7) map con coulours now automatically update when a player levels (NB players using horses will need to use the override level function)
    8) Changes the mob collection to use a hashtable object to make lookups quicker - managed to remove most iterative loops that searched for a given SpawnID.

<EDIT>
    Removed attachment, I made a new improved version + created a crap website to host it, get your new and improved version here: Slartibartfast's Crap Website

Additional Changes:

Modified MySeq server:
    1) Fixed horse bug. (requires a new ini file supplied in the archive)
    2) Changed the string to int routine so that it can cope with hex values in the ini file. Will now accept hex or decimal values. numbers with a leading zero are treated as hex. Valid formats:

12345 (treated as decimal)
    01E240 (treated as hex)
    0x1E240 (treated as hex)

Modifications to Client:
    1) Improved PC corpse detection. If you are in zone when PC dies it will be correctly identified as a player. - still not perfect for player corpses that exist when you zone in if they dont have a last name. ShowEQ uses religion as its PC detection algorythm so i may have to add that to the packet stream.
    2) Corpses now appear grey in list box.
    3) I think i fixed the shopkeeper type showing up as unknown.
    4) I hope I have fixed the hashtable enumeration error. (It was a rare crash so hard to say for definite)

</EDIT>
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 10-07-2003 at 04:16 AM.

Thread Information