Thread: Trader skills

Trader skills

This may not the right place for this...

I have look around the site did see anything. Does anyone know how they work out the chance for success, and the chance to get a skill up for the trade skills?

It would be very nice to know what chance you have to make something before trying it.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival
    rate for everyone drops to zero."

If you take a look at eqtraders.com, there are trivial lists for nearly every item crafted by a player, plus some good information on advancing the skill properly while learning the trade.

Edit - as to answer your question - I believe each skill or even each item is different. I failed a lot at all the skills getting to master, and still do as I make more difficult items. I don't know if there is a base line formula to figure it out. Kind of like knowing the experience that is before me - depressing. rofl!
    Last edited by Mag@@; 10-10-2002 at 09:44 AM.

Trade Success %

=MAX(MIN(((1.15*C3)-(C4-70))/100,0.95),0.05)

The generally accepted formula is

( (1.15 * Skill Level) - (Target Trivial - 70) ) / 100 = pct of success

with a maximum of 95% and a minimum of 5% success.

As far as I know, there is no universal formula for skillups, however, a super-high INT or WIS will make skillups faster. I buff my int to 255 when I'm skilling up.

Re: Trade Success %

Originally posted by Euphemism
    =MAX(MIN(((1.15*C3)-(C4-70))/100,0.95),0.05)

The generally accepted formula is

( (1.15 * Skill Level) - (Target Trivial - 70) ) / 100 = pct of success

with a maximum of 95% and a minimum of 5% success.

As far as I know, there is no universal formula for skillups, however, a super-high INT or WIS will make skillups faster. I buff my int to 255 when I'm skilling up.
    Great info! Thanks for posting it.

Yes But...

EqTraders is a great site.

What I'm really looking for is numbers.

If you have a skill of 50 and trying to make something that is Tiv at 75 do you have a 60% chance? If so how do they work it out.

When starting a skill at level 1. You get skill up almost every time with high stats and then it start to slow down. So do you start at 90% chance of getting skill up and drop down from there? (You drop down but how much and when?)

How much does you stats matter? (They seem to matter a lot)

I would just like to know. It would not help you make anything, just let you know what you getting your self into .

LOL

You posted all that when I was writing my post. That is great info thanks.

EqTraders is a great site.

What I'm really looking for is numbers.
    That formula was directly from EQTraders.com, so, the info you were looking for IS there (I venture you just didn't look hard enough for it =) )
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

I'm also fairly certain that there are modifiers for particular skills that make them more difficult than others to skillup. For example, I've found tailoring to be consistantly harder to skillup than most of the other skills, especially baking, fletching, brewing, etc...

I'm also fairly certain that there are modifiers for particular skills that make them more difficult than others to skillup.
    This was confrimed to be true at the Boston Fan Faire. The easiest to raise is pottery (try it, you can get 122 in about 40 minutes). The hardest is fishing. It was also confirmed that this is going to change.

Thread Information