Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: unknown spawns help plz

It's not so much that we're flaming out of spite. But if the question you've asked has been answered multiple times already, and you didn't feel it was worth your time to read all the posts that may pertain to it, one has to wonder why you feel it's worth our time to do the work for you.

as i stated before....i did a search and also read topics with subjects that i felt to be relevant.

readmore.....bitchlesssimple

ilikejeeve'sattitude.itstruetolifeforuslinux/itguysithink

sorryspacenotworkonthiskeyboardcoffeincident
    Smootwall Lover

I have been trolling on this board for some time, I have asked questions, some have been answered some not, I usualy end up figuring it out one way or another... I may have even been flamed for my dumb question (thought there was no dumb questions <head shakes>)! who cares!
    How much database space is waisted by ramblings of this nature? Not to mention how much more crap that's added to the search index! I mean I have made dozens of searches and IMO 90% of what came back was some kind of Flamage, That I just could not read though! I just don't have hours on top of hours to read this asshole flamed this dickhead... You don't deserve SEQ, if you can't fix you can't use it...

Really if you don't want to help don't!

/flameon

btw that space needs to be fixed, I used coke

You've been running SEQ for 2 years and you "still" doesn't know what it means when all the spawns show up as unknown?

Took you 2 reinstalls, and a post to figure out what the problem was?

Geez, I don't wanna flame you too hard, but there's usually only one reason SEQ stops working. Packets change... solution, wait for libEQ.a to get updated, then try reinstalling.

Believe me I'm having withdrawals as well, and I wish I had time to break out my old C manuals and figure out how to fix it, but I don't, so I shouldn't even be posting here.

i hadn't updated since pop came out, haven't had the time, the libEQ i got was new for me, so yes, when that didn't work i did do two reinstalls

Angry GrgL on this

You know what's really annoying? When assholes prefer to flame people instead of just answering the damn question. You know what's even funnier? I prefered not to read all the pissing and moaning because this could have easily been solved had someone just answered the dude's question in the first place...You know not all of us are SEQ experts let alone have a clue as to what we are doing with Linux. Why even waste your effort to bitch at someone who doesnt know what the hell they are doing? Is this NOT the Help message board? Well I bask in the glory of joining the rest of you "high and mighties" by wasting your time again.

Dirf..

---
    Get Real or Get Lost!

If anyone needs someone to blame, blame me, no I don't work for SOE but hey, I love being a target, shoot away

Re: GrgL on this

Originally posted by dirfrops
    You know what's really annoying? When assholes prefer to flame people instead of just answering the damn question. You know what's even funnier? I prefered not to read all the pissing and moaning because this could have easily been solved had someone just answered the dude's question in the first place...You know not all of us are SEQ experts let alone have a clue as to what we are doing with Linux. Why even waste your effort to bitch at someone who doesnt know what the hell they are doing? Is this NOT the Help message board? Well I bask in the glory of joining the rest of you "high and mighties" by wasting your time again.

Dirf..

---
    Get Real or Get Lost!
    /agree

this is the HELP forum after all. if people are not going to help, then don't even bother posting, just leave the posts for other more valuable contributors to help. flamers are a waste of time.

if you can't post positive, then don't post at all.

/cheer dirf

Wolfy:
    if you can't post positive, then don't post at all.
    Practise what you preech Revenant Wolfy.
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Dirf..
    Sigh.. I need a macro for this:

DO IT YOUR GODDAMN SELF THEN. I provide alot of my own time to this community? Why? To provide an excellent help resource. What is the most annoying thing? When people ignore the entire existing help resource, and instead, demand more of my time instead of spending a little bit of their own. The answers required here are all over these forums. A few seconds of his own time would have provided these answers. Instead, he expects hundreds of people to waste their time reading his question, and possibly answering it. HE is the one that is in the wrong here, HE is the one that is trying to waste the time of people that are donating their expertise.

Again, you bitch at me for not helping people. What the hell do you do around here? Just jump on to make personal attacks at somebody who has been helping this community for over 2 years? Explain to me how you are helping the forums? Explain to me the purpose your post served? Maybe to do exactly what I am accused of? To make yourself feel better? Atleast I provide a service in the process.

this is the HELP forum after all. if people are not going to help, then don't even bother posting, just leave the posts for other more valuable contributors to help. flamers are a waste of time.
    No, this is a forum for people to come and find their answers. Not to come and have answers hand fed to them. The answers are all here. They really are. It only takes a few seconds to find them. It takes longer for me to type a response telling people to RTFM than it would for them to just go find them in the first place.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Unhappy /sigh

/sigh

same freakin nerdie messageboard name-callin' crap everywhere I go to read. Let's get a grip folks, stay focused and leave the trolls alone (not like you know what a troll is if you are a troll ). Back to work all of you!!
    Say no to sig.

Originally posted by high_jeeves

No, this is a forum for people to come and find their answers. Not to come and have answers hand fed to them. The answers are all here. They really are. It only takes a few seconds to find them. It takes longer for me to type a response telling people to RTFM than it would for them to just go find them in the first place.

--Jeeves
    Jeeves, just because you have been here for two years, helped numerous people etc, does NOT give you the right to call everyone newbs, insult people, or act like an A-hole. You have no god given right to do this.

A help forum is there to help users, yes the information is there for others to find, if they can find it, but it is not always that easy. flaming everyone for asking is also not a nice thing to do.

If you wish to help, then do so, just don't act like a fool by thinking you are "the god of forums". Help if you can, ignore if you can't.
    your replies are getting very predicatable now.

Why not just put a link in your signature pointing to a FAQ, a usefull resource, or a place full of links, it would help, you would be made to look like a good guy, and tons of people who visit this place would not jump all over you.

BTW, ever tried the search on this kind of forum? I have, it's a nightmare to use, and as i mentioned in my other post (now deleted) making the moderators use the "sticky" option on posts would save you a lot of grumbling.

like i said above, if you can help, do so, otherwise don't, and be quiet. grumbling is not being constructive, its being down-right rude.

thanks for all the help you have given me in the past, but your attitude right now sucks.

like i said above, if you can help, do so, otherwise don't, and be quiet. grumbling is not being constructive, its being down-right rude.
    Again, I ask then.. what exactly are you doing? You dont post anything except grumbling non-constructive posts. You are the one making personal attacks, which I dont do.

It seems to me that there is a distinctive pattern here. Everytime ShowEQ isnt working, all the morons troll these boards and complain about anything and everything. Making sticky threads isnt an answer, if you think it is, then you are niave. Adding a link to the FAQ in my sig isnt an answer. The reason? Because most answers are found in the top 10 threads on the forum, but people dont read them.. There is a link to the FAQ on the front page of these forums, people dont read it. The bottom line is simple. People are lazy. They dont want to do anything themselves. I would strongly recommend that you go read any one of the many excellent documents on message board behavior, most notably the appendix of the smoothwall manual (you can find the link by searching). Or, for that matter, go participate in any other forum on the internet. I think you will find it quite informative, and you will learn that the onus of using the forum appropriately falls on the USER, not the people who host it and/or answer the questions.

You dont like my attitute? Fine, dont read my posts. I dont like the implicit attitute of the lazy fucks who post something that is answered in almost all of the top threads in the forum, plus the dev forum, plus the announcements forums, and then get upset when the reaction they get isnt rosy.

I'm not hear to impress you. I'm not hear to argue with you. I'm hear to help people that are having problems. I dont like it when that problem is that they are too lazy to spend 10 seconds finding their own answer.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You dont like the way I do it? Then you do it. Until then, you are just being a whiner.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Thread Information