Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: key sniffer / sender

Last edited by eqhtw; 11-05-2002 at 05:09 AM.

sorry to be a pain in your side.... but:

Any chance to make this thing executable/usable/closeable via telnet? The reason I ask is:

Dont have to use EQWin to close it
    It wont be always running

Zone in, run it, get key, quit. This way the "goods" are only running for a short time.

Just a shot in the dark. BUt AWESOME work so far. And I wouldnt worry about posting your code - I myself cant program for $#^%$ - but most likely others might just take it and build upon a good thing - to make it that much better.....

Keep up the good work.

P.S. any chance to impliment scp? (using the putty scp program/download) This would just seem a bit more "Secure" to me. Just a thought though.

Nice program. However I am not running EQW. There for I cannot run this. I would be interested in a command line program. E.g. Telnet to my EQ box and run it. Nor am I a programmer by any means but I would want to see the code before I run anything. After all this is open source.

I also want to thank the SEQ developers. What I have learned about the *nix world has opened my eyes to new Planes of knowledge. (No pun intended) I have gained much and lost a lot of sleep. =) I am now a preacher of the ways of our lord RTFM! And the Prophet SEARCH BUTTON.

Last edited by eqhtw; 11-05-2002 at 05:12 AM.

you still haven't actually said yes/no to the posting of the source code. i know you think that your coding might be... not the best, but i feel that no one should use this unless we can see the source and compile it ourselves.

if not, how do we know that...

1.) you aren't actually from vi/sony and it isn't sending a packet or email to vi/sony. of course, we could monitor with tcpdump or firewall or something, but who wants to do that.
    2.) you aren't sniffing passwords for eq off our network (or the single computer)
    3.) it is a working key sniffer AND a nice little ddos tool
    4.) it makes a random picture of you having sex with a random animal and sends it to everyone in your family (after sending it to the fbi and all the news papers).

anyway, while trust is generally a good thing... verification by your peers is better. i say, release the source to you, or if not then please i would ask that no one run this or at least realize that you could be running anything (even if it does work).

Ok what am i missing here? I want to use it without EQW. I have another windows PC besides my EQ PC so is there a way to make the keyfile update by itself and retrieve the file off the network on other PC?

ok nm it is working but when i open the file in notepad its some sort of code. How do i translate this to manualy enter it into seq?

Read some of the other posts, you'll figure it out...

...start here. If that doesn't help you, well... try searching.

--add--
    Might all take Fryfrog's suggestion and not use this program until someone coughs up the source code for it. Read the posts just above yours.

I hate people that tell me to search just because they dont know what im talking about. This is a new program so there isnt going to be info on it from previous posts. The keyfile.bat is showing a code such as ›ªCÖDií please inform me on how to translate this to the numbers i need to enter. If you dont know please dont tell me to search. Maybe you can search for yourself and then post about how you dont know either.

No. Really. Just scroll up a ways. Just read this thread. It will come to you.

edit----

Just for the record I agree with the other participants here. I wouldn't run this until I got a chance to compile it myself.
    Last edited by who_me_use_seq; 11-04-2002 at 07:03 PM.

Not to offend anyone, but I agree -- until souce code is forthcoming, I would not recommend running any binaries (.exe etc) that appear on here.

Just like SEQ itself, which is a U-Compile-It application (thus, you can look at all the source before you run it), I believe these little "helper" applications should be handled the same way.

I would agree with FryFrog too, particularly when eqhtw just registered THIS Month. C'Mon dude, just post the source, what's the big deal?

Just my opinion.....

A lot to ask

I know this might be a lot to ask but you never know until you ask. For those of us that are not C programmers looking at the source code does us little good. Would it be possible to start a new area of the forums for exe files that have been approved by you C programmer like Ratt etc. ? So we could check those approved programs out and choose which we like the best?

the devs have already said they will not support the key sniffer programs.

my suggestion would be to NOT bother with decode for a month or two. see what happens. i don't plan on using it until a few guinea (sp?) pigs have been using it without getting banned. i HAVE been downloading and compiling the ones available as source, but i won't be running them with eq at the same time for quite a while. at that point, i will probably try to customize which ever one i choose so that any "fingerprint" is not the same as what everyone else is using.

so, my suggestion would be to not run ANY of them... i would rather not lose any of my 4 accounts. GPS is fine with me.

odd... still no source. Plenty of requests, yet those requests are ignored. *****ENTER RED FLAG HERE*****

Ratt has asked, if you read the first post, to supply source and not post binaries without source for those that can, look over it.

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthrea...&threadid=2333

Thread Information