Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Maggotboy's Super Stealth Sniffer V2 (code)

Very strange, I have SEQ on two different computers, and I updated both yesterday. But on one computer I have version 4.3.0 and on the other computer I have 4.3.3 version. And because I didn't notice the difference at the time because the 4.3.3 puter is my slow one, I didn't recheck anything on it after updating. Sorry for being a dumb ass. I'll have to scrub the whole seq directory and start again. Sorry folks. ))

Final check, both puters working. I still don't know why I was always getting the old version on the one computer. Oh well, made me a bit smarter (about time hehe). Sorry

Talking WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

You are the man!

And thanks to all the other contributors to this.

I have to admit to stupid programmer tricks while I was moding the eqsniffer.def file. I tried to call the dll into memory using the default names not my new ones. Dooh!

Can't wait to try this out.. I miss seeing the mobs, track only helps so much.

Seems this is a touchy subject, but I have a decoder menu and no option to configure the port underneath it. What should be listed in the decoder menu?
    I have input key, load key, and key filename.

You do not have the latest version of ShowEQ. Do a cvs update, recompile and make install. Make sure you have the newest libEQ.a first.

I noticed an issue a couple of versions back where updating the cvs and recompiling doesn't replace the existing version. For some reason, the "make install" portion doesn't overwrite the existing showeq and showeqitemdb.

I just started going into /ur/local/bin and moving the existing binaries to something else such as showeq.old and then removing showeq completely before the make install.

That way you KNOW the latest version is there.

Try this:

__asm
    {
    call next
    next: pop pvmem
    }
    I still get unknown symbol next...

And some error about the use of call..

I have the rest of the program working - but this still does not work...

heh taking out the call and just putting pop pvmem doesn't seem to work either...

If I can get the assembly working I will post the changes to the source to work on a borland compiler...
    Quothe the raven, "Nevermore!" - Poe

Re: Maggotboy's Super Stealth Sniffer V2 (code)

I am currently using the V1 version and love it, but would like to change to the V2 code. The one thing stopping me is that this line is still in the original post....

Originally posted by maggotboy
    WARNING This code is experimental and currently seems to be crashing the game to the desktop.........
    Of course I'll be using any code here at my own risk, but I was hoping someone could post back and let me know how big of an issue this is.

Thanks

V2 seems to work fine

I've been using V2 for weeks, and have never had one problem.

Use with multiple instances of EQ?

Will this attach itself to the NEXT instance of eqgame.exe it finds or the first one in memory? Reason I ask is that often, I'll run multiple instances of EQ using EQWin, and I wanted to know exactly how the sniffer would attach.

Thanks

CGEQ

It should attach itself to the NEXT EQ process that the hook detects keyboard activity from. So what you'll have to do is get the sniffer up and running on the first instance, hit ctrl-alt-R, start another copy of the sniffer, and then start your second EQW. just make sure you don't switch back to your first EQW window before you hit a key in your new EQW window.

I may be wrong on this one...

However, I think it is going to connect to whichever instance of eqgame.exe has the lower numbered PID. It will process DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH events from all the running processes. It will stop and do its thing once it finds the first instance of EQGAME.

The only way to be certain is to launch the sniffer, launch one copy of EQ, get it to attach, then repeat for the second one...

I've been using this "DLL" for a couple of weeks now and I wanted to post what I've been noticing. It seems that after a random amount of time I will crash out of EQ completely to the desktop. there doesn't seem to be any "Set" amount of time, it varies from approx. 40 minutes to a couple of hours. Everything else works great.

Anyone else noticing this type of behavior?

Firstborn

V205 problems?

Well now that I think about it, I have noticed one quirk.

Everquest doesn't ever crash out or anything, but while paying in Plane of Nightmare for hours I notice that I start getting grey dots (unknowns) for the mobs. It takes many hours in PoN for this to start to happen, but this has occurred on two different nights of playing for long periods. Actually, this can't be the sniffer's fault, since the KEY hasn't changed. So maybe this is a SEQ problem?

On the subject of the sniffer then -- V205 seems to run for 8-10 hours without any crashes.

I have compile and installed the sniffer. Seems to be running fine, but showeq is not decoding. Did a tcpdump -X port 555 and got

xx:xx:xx.xxxxxx 192.168.1.101.3644 > 192.168.1.106.555: udp 8
    oxoooo yada yaday yada
    0x0010 yada yada yada
    0x0020 yada yada yada

went to showeq changed the decode port to 555 and it decodes nothing. Is there a way to tell if showeq is receiving the key?

am using run command of

"rundll32.exe eqsniffer2.dll,InstallHook 192.168.1.101 555 eqgame.exe 0x0078bcb8"

Thread Information