Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not decoding anymore

I would suggest trying a different keysniffer and see if the problem persists.

if the problem still occurs with a different keysniffer, then we can rule out the keysniffer as being the source of the trouble, and can begin to look at udp conflicts and other network issues.

however, if the problem goes away, we will have narrowed it down to mag 2.04-5 so we know where to look. it seems like everyone reporting the problem is using the same type of sniffer.
    BaeLang
    ---
    "seek and ye shall find." <-- god's way of saying use the damn search button. (or grep)

Are you changing the port on the SEQ side as well? (on the Decoder/Key Port menu)
    Last edited by datadog; 12-20-2002 at 11:35 AM.

Yea, I changed the port on the decoder menu as well. It's decoding no problem at all, it just quits decoding...

I'll try another one this weekend, see what happens.

Either way, it's great for scouting, that's mostly what I want it for =)
    --anon2--

Same Problem

NO decode for me either at all. Reset a number of times.

Edit: And just as odd, it started working 15 minutes later. WIERD! Ive been using maggotboys decoder for a while so I know I wasn't doing anything worng. This happened today for the first time, go figure =x
    Last edited by Archaeopteryx; 12-20-2002 at 06:01 PM.

Same problem

I'm got the same problem, where after staying in a zone for, say, an 30 minutes - 2 hours, new spawns will not decode. I've tried both V2.05 of the sniffer, AND the old original memory sniffer code. Both have the same problem.

I've even run the old memory sniffer, let it send the key, killed the sniffer. All works fine for an hour or so. Then, like a switch being thrown, all new spawns are grey (no decode). Must be a problem with SEQ itself, since no sniffer was even running at this point??

Sauron

Make sure you are sending to the right IP address. I had this problem as well and couldnt figure out why for the life of me. Oddly enough the ip listed on my SEQ box was 27.0.0.1 (router I presume), so I was always trying that IP to no avail.

Goto yahoo and do a search "what is my ip address" and you'll find a bunch of sites that will tell what IP it sees. Sounds dumb, but I got a totally different number. I used that, and have been chasing skittles endlessly. Keep in mind I'm sure there are much easier ways of doing this, but I'm a network moron and only know enough to get me into trouble. Hope this helps.

Like I said, I am running the memory sniffer, not the stealth sniffer. SEQ loads the map with grey spawns. I run the sniffer and it sends the key to the SEQ box. All the spawns decode. I close the memory sniffer. Everything decodes correctly INCLUDING new spawns for 30 minutes-4 hours. Then, suddenly, all new spawns show up as grey dots (unknowns). This will continue until I zone. Then I can run the sniffer again and everything decodes again... (rinse, repeat).

Guys, there has to be a problem here. Too many people in this thread has this problem. This has ZERO to do with the sniffer /IP address / port / etc. because it's not even running.

P.S -- The problem usually doesnt occur for at least 3-4 hours in the zone.

I'm getting the same behaviour. Sniffer will read the key and successfully send it to SEQ (ie..I get decoded mobs and NEW spawns fine). The after about (in my case) 2 hours, SEQ would no longer decode NEW spawns. Zoning and restarting SEQ (and sending another key) fixed the problem. It's definately a problem of stopping after an certain amount of time.

Is it possible that a new key is being generated after X number of hours in a zone?

well...

Mine was.. and IS doing this too.. but.

It's because my box is changing IP addresses.. from the DHCP NAT box I'm using for the DSL line. I have Mandrake 9.0 and I just haven't bothered to figure out how or why to stop it, because it's pretty infrequent and not a big deal to me yet. I usually just close out and rerun with the new IP... and away I go.

Works fine at all other times.

Its not generating a new key, becuase I tried running the memory sniffer again (which reads EQ's memory, and resends key). The new spawns do not decode (and the old ones stay decoded).

I'm not sure if this is what you meant Crypto, but my Linux box is using a static IP (as are all my boxes on my network) so the only IP that could be changing would be my IP to the internet. And EQ keeps running fine, so I don' think it is changing (but I will check).

It can't be the IP changing, because that doesn't matter after zone-in. The key is only sent at zone in, not every new spawn. This has to be a problem on the seq side - I doubt it has anything to do with the sniffer. I haven't been in the same zone for 4 hours to see if I have this problem, but I might this weekend. Did you try playing a character that dies more often? Perhaps playing the main tank, puller, tasher, or slower would fix this for you!

DOH!..

He didn't Say RANGER!! (or healer!)

*strings his bow

Thread Information