Thread: Telnet to EQ Machine on Zone?

Post Telnet to EQ Machine on Zone?

I really thought I'd seen this mentioned before, but all the searching I've done has turned up empty...

I don't want to run my key grabber in a continuous cycle. Call me paranoid or whatever, but I just don't like it. Plus, with any sane loop time, there would be a delay when zoning anyway. So, I just run it once everytime I zone, and that works fine.

What I'd like to do though, is find a way to have SEQ run a telnet session to the EQ machine and execute the key grabber when SEQ sees that I'm changing zones. I'm fairly confident that I can add that functionality myself, but I just wanted to make sure it's not already something that's down before I fool with it.

just zone, go to window mode, run your shortcut, go back to full screen mode.

That's what I do currently. It's just a little bit cumbersome, and I'm overly anal about getting things working together just right.

I'm sure I can dig in and add that myself. I just wondered if it was already a feature (since it seems like it would be useful for pretty much anyone) that I've overlooked. Maybe an optional external script execution on zoning, or something.

You could add a spawn filter for your character, and when you zone in and therefore spawn, it triggers the telnet... and just have a perlscript running on your EQ machine that watches Socket connections on a certain port and execs the sniffer when there's one.

That's it.

You could also have something on your windows machine watch your log file for "Loading.." or something, and run the key sniffer then.

Now, that's an excellent idea, Cbreaker. Thanks.

Thread Information