Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Network Code Changes for LoY Release.

Having been labelled "fucktard" by bubba, I'd rather you didn't use that term as I don't wish to be lumped into the same category as those people that are crying for their toy to be fixed immediately. Rather, terms such as "scatboy," "bottomfeeder," "knuckledragger," and "shitheel" would probably be sufficient for your purpose, and leave we legitimate "fucktards" out of this particular picture.

Thanks!

EnvyEyes

well said. I agree completely.
    I also wish i had some idea of what to do to get it going but i cant program my way of of a wet paper bag.

To the Dev’s, keep up the great work….. please
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

EnvyEyes - /applaud ... well said

Crybabies - please STFU

Devs and all contributors - /bow

/cheer EnvyEyes

/nod /nod /nod

you are saying what many people thought for quite a time, but perhaps not were able to express (due to lack off english skill (i.e. me))

/cheer Dev's keep up the fantastic work and all who dont like the way the project goes leave and don't come back again !!!
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Originally posted by high_jeeves
    Please see the attachment...
    Jeeves,

I'm not sure if I should be happy for you, or sad that you're taunting the open source community with your working ported version.

The natural question to ask you now that you have fixed it and are posting about it on the seq forums is: will you be releasing the Java source code for this? I'm just not sure why you are posting here about it otherwise.

In any case, nice work. Here's to hoping you hook up the dev team with your skills.

My intention was not to taunt the community here, it was simply to show that a fix is possible, and I'm sure is being worked on by the developers here... as has been stated in other places, it has already changed again on test... If I was the devs, I certainly wouldnt be busting my ass trying to get a fix out, when it will certainly be broken again in a few days... especially given the attitute of many of the people on these forums. If I were the devs on this team, I would have stopped releasing patches to this product years ago...

As for releasing my code, not a chance in hell. I swore off playing a large role in the open source community a long time ago... reading the posts by some of the users here should give a prety clear idea as to why... Its not worth the hassle, and name calling to me.. I have the utmost respect for the various devs on this team that put up with this crap, its just not my thing..

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I'll probably get a few flames from this, but I *pray* that Jeeves doesn't release his Java-ported version of SEQ. From my understanding, Java is pretty much cross-platform.... meaning that nothing would prevent it from running on Win-doze.

Judging by the above post, I can see I don't have much to worry about there. =~)

/bows to Jeeves for respecting the sanctity of SEQ
    Just say no to sigs

I'm just an old fart... I try to learn all this stuff but, hell, I feel accomplished just in getting the new CVS compiled. I guess I am not a programmer, no matter how much I try the concepts keep draggin my upper eyelids down.

So, I will, respectively like, wait until the patch is prepared, any fix-it-uppers come along, or release of specific step by step guidance to get the SEQ up and running. You go guys, rah rah rah. And for all the 'tards' bad mouthing developers on so many threads, go gargle with a bottle of reality. No payment for hard work equates to a passion for the project. The least that can be expected by anyone involved is moral support.

Go Team, Fight team, rah rah rah

Back to me cave now. ))

I understand Jeeves...

I am not a Dev but have tried to help here and there where I could. When Mapfiends site was up I used to watch the maps and sent better ones to Rat to update CVS. I also helped organize some OpCodes after Luclin and a few other things here and there.

I do not consider myself "Part of the Dev team" but I do try when I can.

I understand completely why certain people do not want to help here with all the whining bastards here.

Also I NEVER want to see a NONLinux version released!!!!!
    That would be a BAD thing.

I liked it when the Devs posted the opcodes for people to "Fix it themselfs" I know that's not really what was happening but it was nice for those that know enough to fix it but not enough to find the OpCodes themselfs.

What i meant with my earlier post is that it would be nice to get the opcodes and structure changes so that a dev don't need to reinvent the weel

I did NOT mean that the Java Version shuould be released.

Hmm i understan Jeeves when he says he dont wants to post that, but perhaps he can put it in a little mail and send ti to Ratt or one of the Devs ... just to reduce their time to find the changes

just my 2cp
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jeeves version take the info directly out of memory, as opposed to picking it out of the data stream?

If so, the methods are totally different and totally incompatible.

HOWEVER ... it's something to think about along with Keysniffers.

Pull out all the info in memory with a keysniffer like program and send it along to SEQ... so there'd be a 2 mode SEQ. Either using info directly from the windows box via a sniffer, or pulling it passively out of the stream.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

Ratt:

Bah, you give away all my secrets !!

Yep, actually it is the hybrid version you describe... it does some things from the datastream (when possible), and others it takes directly from memory... When it has problems decoded the datastream, it just auto-disables those features (for example, the combat calculator section of the app), and uses only the information it gets out of memory.. I think it is a fairly elegant solution, since I generally dont have more than 5-30 minutes of downtime between patches (to find the new offsets that are appropriate, and to modify my structures as appropriate for any changes in memory).

The problem with this implementation (and one of the major reasons I have not released any code relating to it) is that the code for the memory resident program is much larger than a key-sniffer, and therefore much harder to obfuscate... the "write/obfuscate" your own idea that is used here with keysniffers would not be particularly appropriate (since they would have to get much more complicated data to the ShowEQ machine in a format/ordering that it expects..) So, I'm not sure how viable this solution will be for a larger community..

I switched to this solution when the decryption went to 64-bit.. dealing with 64-bit unsigned numbers in java is a total nightmare, and i figured it would be less of a headache to modify my keysniffer then it would be to re-figure and re-write the decryption code for the encrypted packets..

--Jeeves
    Last edited by high_jeeves; 03-06-2003 at 12:31 PM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Originally posted by high_jeeves
    I generally dont have more than 5-30 minutes of downtime between patches (to find the new offsets that are appropriate, and to modify my structures as appropriate for any changes in memory).
    God that is awesome... it takes you less time to update your seq version than it does for me to update my UI files. /bow

... one of the major reasons I have not released any code relating to it is that the code for the memory resident program is much larger than a key-sniffer, and therefore much harder to obfuscate... I'm not sure how viable this solution will be for a larger community..
    You have a good point there, mass releasing that kind of code is just asking for SOE to add some detection code for it... or would they... Lately it has seemed with their major compaign to get new users that they're off the banning bandwagon. Thoughts?

Well.. My totally unrequested opinion of a non code contributing noob is....

I'd avoid the memory ripping technique.. unless absolutely necessary. That would put SEQ real close to Macroquest in functional design (even if application and intent is widely different) and would open the cross platform release nightmare many wish to avoid.

Plus.. the possibilities get rather interesting at that point leading to .. who knows what.

I'd call this my 1 coppa. Not even worth dos.

Macroquest writes to memory.. two diffrent things. I don't see a big problem reading the memory. Then again I am not a coder so I may know nothing!

I would assume that anything Sony did to capture someone reading memory would be an invasion of privacy issue so I don’t think any checks will be added ever to see if your snooping memory or not. Then again I am not a lawyer!
    -AlphaBeta

Thread Information