Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is by far the worst

I guess that blows the roomate theory out of the water.

The CAPS are a nice touch. You can use BOLD also if you'd like. That will surely be the way to go in the future for faster updates. Red would be another great attention-maker.

The Playerauctions help desk may have better support. Might wanna check with them. Bashing the Devs with a brown nose maybe the wrong avenue. Just my opinion though.
    Mileage may vary.

Good Thing

It is a very good think I am not a "dev" and that my private seq source tree is not the public one.

If my tree was the public one:

I would add code, hidden with occ (http://www.ioccc.org/),
    to check for this moron's ip address and/or try to notice his logons via http to seq.sourceforge.net. Once I know it is him, I would corrupt memory and/or outright prevent decode. The checks would be very difficult for a moderate skill c++ programmer to reverse.

This poster is one of the small class of people who are deserve this option.

"GTFU" ?

Just what the hell does "GTFU" stand for? I have tried to use my imagination but I can't get a proper feel for it in the context it is presented in.

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

Theory A: Outthere is a plant from SOE, deliberately trying to piss off the developers so that they won't release a working version of SEQ to the general public.

Theory B: Outthere sells SEQ boxes, and this downtime is seriously cutting into his income stream.

Theory C: Outthere is an immature, whiney kid who thinks the world owes him everything.

Theory D: Outthere is a troll who enjoys pissing other people off.

None of these theories, if correct, justify any serious dialogue with Outthere. Fortunately it looks like the devs are getting some enjoyment out of making fun of him, so that works.

Maybe Give The Fuck Up. Just guessing though.

Rencro, makes sense. I didn't try substituting for the G as I have always associated GTF as Get The etc. Thanx, damn outside of the box thinkers ))

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

This is just wrong...

Ok, is it just me or is this WAY wrong?

I read the prior posts from outthere...i'm thinking more the following:

1) A dare from a friend
    2) Stolen Account
    3) Outthere has a rare medical condition that causes him to experience Jeckel and Hyde syndrom.
    4) Outthere has hit his head one too many times on the keyboard trying to get SEQ to work.

I don't think i'm going to ignore him yet...i'm going to be interested in seeing what happens when the REAL outthere comes back from vacation and notices that he's the topic of an R^6 thread...

Anyway, to make this thread a bit more useful...

Is SEQ Fixed yet?
    Could one of the Devs please post an hourly status update on the progress of the fix?

<Quickly slips out of sight>
    - Raistlin

Re: Re: This is by far the worst

Originally posted by Ratt

Really? You haven't seen a lot of them then. Of the ones you've seen, they've all probably been of the mindset that they want you to use their software. We don't. I don't. I don't want you to use SEQ. I never have. I never will. The less people that use this product, the better. Now don't use it. I hate you.
    I love you.

Re: Re: Re: This is by far the worst

Originally posted by Raelik

I love you.
    You're still not gettin' his Bud Light, Johnny!
    -FGay Trader er... GFay

I have to agree with Outthere, since you guys can be f_cking As_hol_s at times and making us professionals in other careers then computers feel like little children.

My income has been cut from roughly $4000 a month to little under $2000 a month since I can't get no real help from you.
    My 2 computer geek kids that I pay to build and sell seq box's on ebay etc... know how to build and set them up but they don't know the code or they would just do it themselves.

Well since I am a lawyer of a very big firm, I hope that I will get to represent one of you as_holes in court someday. I will let you figure out your own defense.

Maybe you need to go back to hacking your school computers, and change your fake A back to the D that it should be.

Well enough said for now.

BG
    If it looks like ____
    If it smells like ____
    If it feels like ____
    Then it must be _____

I have to agree with Outthere, since you guys can be f_cking As_hol_s at times and making us professionals in other careers then computers feel like little children.
    You sure as hell aren't a lawyer. If you were, you'd know the difference between "then" and "than." In addtion to that, your whole sentence isn't even close to being understandable grammatically. A lawyer would have a much better command of English. Hell, a lawyer would have a basic command of English, something you apparently lack.

Go back to high school.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

I'm not defending him at all, but my guess would be he's not from the US. Maybe a german lawyer?

Ratt and Ataal, you guys took his post seriously?

My first reaction to this post was that it was with tongue firmly in cheek, but you never know. The boundaries of human stupidity seem to expand with each passing day.
    To search, or not to search,--that is the question:--
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous flaming
    Or to take a look at the search function,
    And by using it, end them?

I was forced to post again.

Ok Quick post from me.
    /flame on
    If you want SEQ to work faster... learn C.
    If you want to bitch about ppl taking to long...learn C
    If you want support and a helpdesk .... learn C
    If you are sick of ppl making fun of you ... learn C
    I could continue for a very long time but from now on I deem every stupid question that is ever asked to be answered with two simple words.

LEARN C

or the expanded version

Shut the hell up you whiny son of a bitches, for god sakes you don't ask some to do something for you for free then when it doesn't work or breaks bitch at them. What the hell is wrong with you people. Go take up a dangerous hobby so perhaps the world can rid itself of you unappreciative morons. Oh and Learn C.

/flame off

Thread Information