Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

No Riser - there were a ton of bugs related to the last patch...hatelist, aggro, spawns automatically and instantly respawning, etc, etc....hopefully they fixed them

CGEQ

But now on other ground.

WinSEQ was like SEQ, mean encoding encrypted network datastreams.

Now reading data from memory...

It's a little bit easier IMHO.

Oooooorrrrrr

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp

Quit it with the conspiracy theories.

Caveman: Might want to ask ratt to give you your own section here so we can get out of one reallly long thread :P He offered to do it for anyone who has a codebase.

Caveman,

For a guy that wasn't going to support the program you have been doing one hell of a job!

I was thinking of a security feature to add to the server. I think it would be a good idea to have a config file with a list of allowable IP addresses that the server will talk to and the ability to change the port.

Unless I'm missing something SOE could implement something like: telnet to suspect on port xxxx if you receive garbage ban them.

I'll get that stupid paint bug soon. The patch is because of the way they "fixed" the hate list.

Unless I'm missing something SOE could implement something like: telnet to suspect on port xxxx if you receive garbage ban them.
    Since CavemanBob has provided source code, you can quite easily change which port it listens on. I did that, as well as changing the names of the config files, and the actual MyShowEQ title bar out of paranoia... however, if I change the stinking icon in the title bar, I get an ' Uncaught exception ' error box before the program even launches. Since I'm not a coder, and more a meddler, I have NFC why it does that.

I have changed the port also but am having difficulty with the ip address. I'm poking at it with what little time I have. If I get it figgured out I will post it. It was just meant as a suggestion. I am by no means a coder, not even in the same universe as cavemanbob.

Lucky day, they didn't even change the offsets or data structure

New patch version that should fix the paint exceptions... The server port can be adjusted optionally on the command line now. format: myseqserverc <update frequency> <port>

Ther client still has the port hardcoded for the moment, but this will change shortly.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.4b.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.4.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

The list of allowable IP addresses isn't a bad idea, I'll stick that in the next server version. Otherwise I'm going to go through the client and do a better job of catching exceptions...
    Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-11-2003 at 12:49 PM.

I can't get this link to work.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.4.zip

Great job Caveman!!!!
    -----------
    Zeppo

Fixed link

btw,

I've noticed that I had to increase the clients refresh to over 950. This on a poor PII 300mhz running win 98 hehe.

Otherwise it will lockup at different times. I assume from a race condition or overrun. Not sure. Just food for thought.

oh and .... Excellent work!!

edit: and the server command line to 1000ms
    Last edited by Alfred; 04-11-2003 at 03:15 PM.

It's probably overrunning the buffer in the socket structure. I don't have any machines set up that are that slow, but that'd be my guess. Not much you can do other than what you did, though it might improve as I clean up the client a bit.

Is there any chance of adding in the ability to fake your level for example am level 65 and want mobs at level say 62 to show up on the map as even cons (white)
    I could do this in ShowEQ by defining my level to 62, anychance of a option in the menu to set user level and override one provided from the game?

This app kicks some ass keep up the great work

edit: Oh 1 more thing remember is ShowEQ that u could define a circle around your self to a set distance well this would be cool also as i used it as max range option for my throwing stars so i knew how close to get to mobA eg range slot item is 150 set raidius to 150 and when it gets to mob through and run back to party.

Did I say this program rocks
    Last edited by Scottyy; 04-11-2003 at 04:05 PM.

Neither of those should be too hard to add

Thread Information