Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Have anyone gotten myseq to work with LoY maps? I got some maps for loy zones (gunhak, dulak, torigan, partial nadox, hf), but it seems like when i zone in to eg. gunthak, i get a "map not found" error.. Even if i load map manually, it locks up..

Will do some more testing with the 1.6 version out now tho..

Tried to look at the source to see if i could find any "reference table" to the maps.. or should the map be named "gulfofgunthak" or something else? (I am using the same map "names" as the ingame SOE maps use, and it works there..)

i've noticed that mseq basically locks up or updates every few minutes (rather than miliseconds) when running wineq. i have to login with my regular everquest.exe in order to get mseq to run correctly. i also find it odd that i can run 2 copies of eq on one machine and mseq will read info from the connection that was made first. how does it ignore the second connection and automatically bypass all the info being sent from that 2nd eq client on the same pc running the mseqserver? tnx

Ummm

Would anyone care if I converted the client from VB to C++?

I use borland builder here and honestly just can't stand VB...

BTW - the server compiles fine under Builder - however as I don't have VB (or the time to really mess with the free compiler atm) I haven't been able to test functionality.

*edit* I'll have to take a look but a side effect of this would be the (possible) port of the client to Linux as Borland has a builder IDE for Linux that accepts the same code.

it's an idea
    Quothe the raven, "Nevermore!" - Poe

You can sure try, but its not written in VB, its written in C#.

Better yet, convert it to GNU C++ and fork the UI calls so we can get this compiled on linux too. Have fun!!

Well as borlands RAD for citrix is free (except database functions and advanced debugging) I think the C++ code will be compatable with a linux distro on x86 machines anyway..

I don't know C# at all but the code so far looks familiar enough that I think I can rework it into C++
    Quothe the raven, "Nevermore!" - Poe

Umm i use v. 1.6 and i h problem, all mobs i see green in Map window and in game all blue yellow or red. is bug?

Thx for this fantastic "tool".

The Mad Poet, if you want to port to something else go ahead. Also if you want a client in linux it'd probably be easier to modify the old SEQ source to accept data from the server, I still haven't had a chance to have a good look at this, but it should be fairly easy. The real pain would be going from the nice GC c# provides to having to find the spots where memory should be released.

LoY maps still don't work, It should be easy to add, I might get to that today. All map names should be the same as the EQ zone file names. ie. for north ro EQ: nro.s3d, SEQ: nro.map, LoY, nro.txt.

I'll look at your first issue midnight, if you're running 2 copies of EQ the server will pick the one that is closest to the top of the process list. This is because it just scans through the list of processes till it hits one that has the name eqgame or testeqgame then stops as finding more eqgame processes would be of little use from it's perspective.

Juanka, dunno, what level is the char where you saw this problem? Might be some odd bug with setting the con colors.

is level 64 my char and in Sol ro tower i see mobs in green and i h necro 40 and in VL too all green.

*sigh*

check your options. Make sure your level overide is not set to 100

You beat me, I was jsut going to say that hehe

Ok.. First of all, let me just congratulate cavemanbob (CB) and all the rest on a truely amazing implementation of SEQ. I have always believed that innovation is driven by need, and completely circumventing the entire decryption process is really the most elegant and simplest way to solve this problem.

I can see now that the path SEQ has taken is at the same time inevitable, and actually wholly to SoE's detriment, which thing completely fulfills the concept of poetic justice. See now what you have done to yourselves SoE? You now see a completely useful piece of code that can run on any windows platform that performs nearly all the functions that SEQ provided, and that takes five minutes to set up. Now, instead of 10,000 SEQ users, you're going to have 100,000 MySEQ users. Congratulations. You did it to yourself. (I can just see Ratt's smile of contentment LOL)

As far as features go, the one thing that I really enjoyed in SEQ was the 'hover/reveal' feature, where you could move the mouse pointer over a spawn, and it would create a small window with details of the mob. I think I'll work on implementing this in this excellent project!

BTW.. LETS GET THIS INTO CVS ASAP!

And again.. CB -- Excellent work )

R

P.S.. oh yea.. one thing that i have ALWAYS wanted? A 'Hand' feature. Click on any non-populated area of the map (not on any object) and the cursor converts to a 'Hand' icon, and allows you to change the map origin -- replaces the x/y bias scrolling bars, and it MUCH faster. If anyone wants to work on this, it would be cool.. I'll start on it after hover )
    Last edited by Resiliant; 04-14-2003 at 02:08 PM.

I'll look into doing the hover reveal thing today, it should be fairly easy a tool-tip kind of thing. I'll put this into cvs when I get a chance.

Readme

Ok I have completed the readme.

It is available at

http://wega.tzo.com/seqreadme.txt
    Last edited by domesticbeer; 04-14-2003 at 03:13 PM.
    Beer

Thanks, I'll include it with the next release. Manually editing the configuration file is not necessary though, all those settings are in the options dialog and the order of the variables can and will change.

If i can figure out how to call the compiler from the command line I would put that in there but I can seem to get it to work.
    Beer

Thread Information