Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

in other versions serious possible to change the language?

Is one mew option, i dont know metod for this bud if you h txt or ini for language is posible make changes and post for all languages in this post.

Good job and thx.

patch today

hmmmm seq worked before the patch and now after the patch it dont ..... i did fool around a bit (upgraded to 1.6 client) and im not sure if that is the problem ....
    anyone else have problems or can say for sure that its just me that fooled around to much and need to unfool it back

The mid-day patch just busted this program, probably due to new offsets.

And before some of you get your panties in a bunch; offsets can change when you change anything with the program. So, I'm sure it wasn't intentional to break this cool peice of software.

well i just wanted to know if it was my own fault or if i could point my bony fingers at some one /em Points one bony finger at SoE (not the index) hehe
    anyway .... thanks

I thought that would happen...

OMG cavemanbob FIX IT NOW OR ELSE!!!!!

=) jk

Im sure its just the offsets

Put these numbers into the offsets.txt file in this order:

0076FE78
    00758B70
    00758B34
    00758B7C

the data structures were not changed

The last one may be wrong, I haven't double checked that one yet, but it's only the current target offset.

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-14-2003 at 04:35 PM.

Nice job CMB...

thought I'd contribute to the open source movement so I edited your form1.cs a bit.

Just cleaning up...

I converted your mess of if/else statements into an array for the bodytypes (like someone did earlier with the races and classes) and tossed out the tostring functions for races, classes and bodytypes.

Also in your latest version you had a warning on compile for the "components" (apparently you weren't using it anyway so I removed it).

again, nice job CMB!

attachment = form1.zip

*edit: somethin' screwed up attaching the file... how you want me to get this to you?*
    -pooz
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pooz; 04-14-2003 at 04:51 PM.

Well geez I wasn't serious =) Seems to be working fine.

Any tips on being able to find the offsets on my own for next time?

I have a little command line program that dumps blocks of program memory to disk, then I just search them with a hex editor. It takes a bit of guesswork and trial and error to get it right, but usually the offsets won't change by massive ammounts so that narrows the number of options. The data structure changes are a pain, but are done the same way.

Need some PoEarth maps pls

Cheers

Re: Heyya!

Originally posted by seqcleric
    Heyya caveman, got some questions, i know you're not officially supporting this yet, but i'm hoping you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I load the server on the machine I play EQ on. There is nothing else to do to this machine, right?

Then, I load the client which is found in the folder that i created and popped all my seq maps into.
    (Note, could you zip up the maps YOU are using and provide a link to them as well? This may be part of the trouble)

I've gotten the map to populate the spawn list on the side but can see no mobs in the actual map part of the program. Also, i've only gotten the spawn list to populate once. Then, after i zoned, it never worked again.

Now, the questions:

First, do you have to manually load the maps yourself or should the program load them for you?

Is there anything special you need to do to the server part of the program?

When you zone, should it repopulate automatically?

Is there any special OS I should be running? (Like what do you run? I'm using Win2K)

Is it possible that I need to compile the stuff on my side instead of using your ready made Bin's, is that a possible reason why it's not working?

Thanks in advance for your time, this looks like it's going to be a GREAT viable alternative!

Sincerely,
    Seqcleric

Edited to clarify some of my questions
    I'm seeing the same exact problems as seqcleric.

Tried setting server refresh time to 1000, and client to 950. Didn't seem to help.

New version up, theres a bunch of neat stuff this time. All the settings are now saved in a singleton and are saved to disk by serializing that class. This is a really cool way to save preferences to disk Virtually all settings are now saved when you exit, window size, splitter position, column header size and so on. Also if you want to hide a column just resize it to 0 width and it'll dissapear... LoY maps now load, if you want a LoY map to be used, copy it into the maps directory and delete the corresponding showeq one. ShowEQ maps will be loaded by default. The Color of the background of the map control can now be adjusted as well. Only the client has been updated.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.7.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.4.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

bubbahlicious, what is the processor speed on the machine you're running the client on?

PIII 800 with 512 M RAM

Both machines running win2k sp3, and .NET common runtime 1.1

The one thing to mention - the client machine (unlike my linux box) is not between my EQ box and the rest of the network. I assumed that being able to pick up network traffic between EQ and Sony is not important with the approach you're using... correct?
    Last edited by bubbahlicious; 04-14-2003 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information