Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

Velocities are contained in the spawn structure, here are their offsets, from the head of the structure:

velocity_x: 132
    velocity_y: 152

there also appears to be a "speed" value stored at offset 120... it appears to just be the linear speed of the mob, although I wouldnt swear to that.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

V7XjfFdCOS4=

LoY Map Problems

I have a problem that may be related to the other LoY map problems. Neither my .txt or .map guntham map will not load. I think since the map doesn't load is why there is no skittles (I had skittles after the patch before I went to gunthak, so I figure if I went back out I'd have them again.)

I tried the .txt inside eq, and it worked fine. I tried the .map in, ummm... well, shall we say, another program that uses the .map format that isn't MySEQ or SEQ, and it worked too.

I then looked at the directory and noticed that both of these particlar files are quite large compared to the pre LoY maps. This causes me to belive that the maps are just to big. I haven't loaded and tried the other LoY maps, but at least some of those are probably large too. If this is the case, can MySEQ be changed to allow larger maps? I hope it won't be to difficult...

So you can try your own test, I have posted a zip with the gunthak.txt and gunthak.map.

*We'll call that fixed based on the post below and take down URL*
    Wow... what service for unsupported work! Many thanks!

What a great program. Keep up the much appreciated and great work!

Mr. Doh
    (The forum signup screwed up my username. hehehe)

V7XjfFdCOS4= you are in fact correct, those LoY maps are larger than the array that I'm using. I'll replace the static arrays with arraylists which will fix that problem for good.

Thanks jeeves, those should do the trick.

OK, theres another issue that needs to be dealt with: Hosting. There are 2 options at this point:
    #1: Keep everything here, get a forum created specifically for this project or use the existing seq ones and throw the code into the seq cvs.
    #2: Throw up a message board and CVS elsewhere.

I really don't care which way it goes so if anyone's got an opinion throw it in, but it's getting too easy to lose stuf in this thread...

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-15-2003 at 05:51 PM.

Graphics bugs..

Just downloaded this thing to test it, and ran into some problems.. Starting up the program was easy enough, but when I logged on EQ and started moving around to test it, I had some strange flickering in the graphics.. It looked like the myseq window kept trying to be visible in EQ, and I also discovered parts of walls and other structure disapearing.. once relogged and not running myseq, this problem was gone.. Anyone else that got this problem ?

Small update today to fix the finite space for the map's line data and a couple of other little things. Now maps of any size will load.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.7a.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserverc-1.4.zip
    http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

hmm odd map doesnt refresh on zoning with new version
    Beer

It's always something lol, forgot to clear the lists before loading a new map.

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.7b.zip

Re: Graphics bugs..

Originally posted by SEQNecro
    Just downloaded this thing to test it, and ran into some problems.. Starting up the program was easy enough, but when I logged on EQ and started moving around to test it, I had some strange flickering in the graphics.. It looked like the myseq window kept trying to be visible in EQ, and I also discovered parts of walls and other structure disapearing.. once relogged and not running myseq, this problem was gone.. Anyone else that got this problem ?
    I can't speak for everyone, but I'm running mine on another box. I would take a wild guess that trying to run the client on the same PC as the EQ box will result in lockups.. Why? Well I have a PII 300mhz and I really have to trim back the refresh rate otherwise I get what CVB calls buffer overruns and the app locks.

Sooo.. unless you have a really strong PC setup, then EQ is using 100% of the processor time. I would think it would starve myseq.

Now this doesn't even talk about the issue you are finding with 3d rendering.....

V7XjfFdCOS4=

More LoY Problems?

Well, I think there may still be problems in the LoY zones (at least Gunthak). When I zone in from stonebrunt (where everything seems to work fine) to gunthak,the client clears the spawn list, loads the map, apparently gets my current location, but that is all. From then on, it's not working. It never loads the spawn list, and doesn't track my movements.

The client appears to be fine. I can still zoom, and change the map pos in the window. When I exit and restart the client, it does the same exact thing. ( I do seem to have normal and random lockups of the client, so that's always the first thing I check. It doesn't hang at 100%, but I do have to end task.)

It also performs the exact same way when you start the server and client while you are already in gunthak.

On another interesting note, when you zone to stonebrunt from gunthak, everything on the client screen stays the same. Like it doesn't know you zoned, or anthing else. Even pressing stop, and waiting and pressing go doesn't bring it back. When I restart the client, it tells me it connot connect to the server. The server portion is on XP, and taskmanager still says it is "running", and it's using some processor cycles. It also still says "new connection from.." in the console window. While still in stonebrunt, I stop and restart the server, and reconnect the client, it pops right up in stonebrunt like it should.

I've also tried zoning in and out of pre-LoY zones, and all seems normal.

I hate to even put this down here, because noone probably actually read this far down, but I also have a feature request. I'd like to see the zersion/build number somewhere shown in the client and server. Whether in the titlebar, on a drop down menu, or something. I can't tell you how many times tonight that I acciedntly unzipped 17 instead of 17a, and 17 and 17a instead or 17b. hehehehe This has made troubleshooting more time consuming as for a split second I think I have another problem again. I know this is a minor change and won't be too terribly much of a problem. (at least I think...)

Thanks!
    Mr. Doh

Bug report:

Went to Grieg tonight with my guild.. zoned in.. and there's something about that map that crashes the map displayer.. gets an 'undefined object' error. All you have to do to replicate it is to load the Grieg map.

R

Are you running a .txt or .map for gunthak or none at all? I couldn't see any reason why that zone would behave differently than any others, but I can't test it as I don't have that expansion.

I only have a few .txt maps too so there may still be a problem with the reader...

I'll look at the greigs map probably missed an error in there.

Sure enough, the second line in greigsend.map is invalid, just delete this:
    M,line,3727,1346
    and it will work properly

Last edited by cavemanbob; 04-15-2003 at 10:37 PM.

Start EQ at "belownormal" priority

I always start EQ with the following batch file:

start /belownormal D:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme

Works under XP not sure about other OS. The "patchme" argument will tell EQ to skip PATCHING. So here's what I suggest. The first time you play EQ on a particular day, run the normal icon to patch... then CLOSE it (don't hit PLAY). Then use the above batch file to start EQ. Starting EQ Belownormal allows other processes to get the CPU they need, but doesn't slow EQ down (on my PC).

Hope this helps.

PS -- IMPORTANT -- in the shortcut to this batch file, you MUST specify your EVERQUEST directory in the START IN dialog. (like D:\Everquest)

If you are using the Gunthak map from eqtools box (about 1.2 MEG files size) reconsider it, it's probably the problem.

That one causes problems for EQ's own map display, like eating other window frames on the screen. It is the ONLY one that is even close to to that large.

The problem as I see it the &^$$^%$ automap bug (err feature) i.e. turn it on and run around drawing lines. Yes, well it ends a line EVERY time you change directions INCLUDING bobbing up and down because you are levitating. The above map file has 100's (1000's ?) of TINY lines, instead of few lines showing major features of the map.
    --------
    - Catt

>SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
    0 rows returned
    /em sigh

This problem is weird.. I cant understand what is happening tho..

I now have set up another machine totally from "scratch" using VMWare (Machine emulator). Setup :
    WinXP Corp edition
    XP SP1
    ALL updates aviable on "Windowsupdate" including .NET 1.1

I have the same problem on that one as i have 2 others.. Ie. SOME of the .txt map files just causes the error message. On my main computer that i play eq on, i dont have this problem at all. I dont remember what i have done with this machine to make this work..

So.. Could you please try to download all the maps on http://maps.eq-toolbox.com/ especially the LoY ones.. and try to load them up by manually opening the maps?
    This works as i said on my "main" computer, but not on 2 other, and now 1 vmware install of xp. Is there some "security" thingy? Could it be the "MS Application compatibility tool" thing? Just shooting in the blind here..

I would be happy just getting the .map converted versions of the LoY maps, but i cant seem to get that AWK script posted under "Map Editing" forum to work either, so i recon i just are too much of a n00b.. hehe

I am curently running the .map, but I also tried it with the .txt. The map actually seems to load fine, but the mob list doesn't, and it shows no skittles. And remeber, so far this has only happened in gunthak and I haven't tried any other LoY zones.

The maps I'm using are:
    gunthak.txt - 744 KB
    gunthak.map - 474KB

Also, both maps work in other programs just fine.
    They also seem to load fine (manually, or automatically) in MySEQ also.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?

Could it be that LoY uses different code in the game than the old world does? How possible is it that the offsets change in LoY?

Just some thoughts!

And hooray for Ratt for fixing the sign-up problems with the board!

Thanks,
    Mr. Doh

Thread Information