Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whats UR religious belief

Not everyone who follows a religion necessarily believes in every facet of it. And the efforts and purposes of the church are not necessarily reflected in their members. (ie. just because the church whishes to give relief from the 'fear of death' doesn't mean that's what the members are gaining or seek to gain from the church).

Believe it or not, church is still one of the best places to meet decent good-hearted people. There are scum bags in church as well, but the ratio of decent folk to scum bag is much better than in society at large.

Most folks with any kind of decency recognize the need for compassion, consideration, and cooperation in a society. Most churches preach such things, and as such, you gain a sense of "right" about the sermons. Does that mean I have to believe that anyone knows what's waiting in the "afterlife"? It's not possible for anyone to know.

Like it's not possible to travel backwards in time. If it were, then it would have already happened. No one knows what happens after death. Many folks have promised to "unravel the mystery" after their death, if it was at all possible. It's not.

I don't go to church, these days, mostly 'cause I've not made the time. I don't give the church control over my day-to-day actions, and I don't follow blindly that which is laid before me. But, I do like the kind of people the church tries to create (minus the 'and give us your money' part).

And EnvyEyes, there is no Dog!
    A lesson on time travel will be held yesterday.

Bottom line time.

I'll ask any theist here one big question.

If there wasn't a god, would anything be different?

Yes, far less war and death.....
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

My religious belief is that people that can't take the time to spell out words properly should
    be slowly chopped up into little pieces and left in the corner to rot.
    -----------
    Zeppo

Originally posted by S_B_R
    Yes, far less war and death.....
    Yes, well, other than that

Thread Information