Thread: Long time no see :)

Long time no see :)

Hey yall, just checking in to see how everyone has been. Looks like the SEQ community is alive and well.
    Been away for a LONG time, and just wanted to check in.
    MF

/wave Mapfiend
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

THANKS! For the maps back when.
    Those that perpetually scream RTFM or use the SEARCH key......Talk to the HAND!! If my questions bother you then don't respond at all, the result will be the same. You will be completely ignored.

Hey Map...good to see you again. We still miss your site. You had the best collection of maps available.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Hiyas! Glad to see you're still around. \\=^ )

Thanks yall.
    I just got my personal website set back up and I am still seeing traffic to the old mapfiend site, that hasn't been there for about a year.
    I have moved on to other MMORPG based stuff, namely I'm building a guild website hosting service and player center. Hopefully, it'll take off.
    Anyway, good to see that this place is still kicking
    MF

Talking The Map God Returns

WB Oh Master Of The Maps ..

Miss your work

Thanks scoman,
    The traffic on that site was too much to handle at the time, and with EQ adding some sort of cartography feature (can't help but think we inspired that), and OdinsEye using the png maps now, and SWG with built in maps (BOY are they nice), I don't think there is a need for my services any more.
    Even EQAtlas has a feature where you can upload a log file now

Anyway, maybe some of you will visit my new site when I finish it. The URL is www.guildbase.net but there's nothing there right now except a splash page and forums with a few posts explaining what guildbase will be, in case anyone happens to find their way there
    Last edited by Mapfiend; 05-12-2003 at 11:02 AM.
    MF

Talking Good luck.

I loved your maps too, mapfiend. Good luck with the new site, I will be checking in to see how it progresses... do you plan on going head to toe with Guildmagic or offer parallel services?

Not sure exactly what guildmagic is, but I can't get to guildmagic.com. I get a DNS error. The feature list for my site is listed in my forums, so I won't repeat it here. I can say this, though: If guildmagic is a guild hosting service, and they have a particular feature, function or service, I can do it better.
    MF

ok, I just saw guildmagic and they were down last night, that's why I couldn't see them.
    They have a few nice features, and it's a very nicely done site, but as far as I can tell, they only support EQ. I will be supporting any game that has a Guild or PA system.
    MF

Plus, if you just click on the link he posted, it has a "," imbedded in it which you have to remove.

It worked for me, but I didn't really see anything earth-shattering there.

It will offer a nice place for guilds to go so they don't have to use EZBoard.

I havent set one up, but www.guildportal.com has what appears to be a nice interface for setting up a guild homepage. Might give you some ideas.

Good to see you, and good luck...

Thread Information