Thread: Crashing with new patch

Crashing with new patch

clean uncompress on 0x106b
    WARNING: CharProfileCode (oo6b) (dataLen:3926 != sizeof(charProfileStruct):14302)!
    Player::backfill():
    Segmentation fault
    [root@localhost bin]#
    Boom.

You're not the only one seeing this

It doesn't always seg on zoning, but killing your pet, and I expect any mob despawning will cause a seg fault.

dn

Confirming Alwayslost report. I get the same thing. Result
    is segfault and crash of seq.

Necro23

same deal =x

Same deal, interestingly enough it does it more with one of my chars than the other.

This issue has been discussed before today. Its been like this on test for a while.

check the thread for the struct changes from test... those should work

Gettin it also

The changed struct is not 100% correct either. I have been using it on test since it was posted, worked for a couple nights and then the seg'ing was back.

Im pretty sure its related to inv(bank and on char). Naked chars dont seem to seg like chars with lots of inv.

fwiw... I'm obviously getting this behaviour as well, but here's my observation for those who may be able to make sense of it-

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with quantity of inventory... it may have something to do with order of items. I didn't try to track it to detailed, but i tried swapping around between different chars, all with -about- the same inventory, and it intermittently crashed. It never "always worked" with char A but not with char B, and so on. It would sometimes work with A, and sometimes work with B.

I will try to goof around with inventory items tonight, if that may be deemed useful.

Look to the following thread for the FIX

Trying to up yer post count, eh fuqjak?

Maybe you didn't notice... but that post you reference happens to be in this very same forum.

In any case, those who post in this dev forum are usually quite good at keeping up to date with the other topics in the forum.

Tho, I suppose it could be a good thing for those who need the answer in every thread.

Sorry for the redundancy but as you can see from the registered date and post count - I have been here a while, just dont post often.

Anyone who has watched these boards for any length og time KNOWS that the majority of the people who come here need it SPELLED OUT in SKY WRITING to get it - just trying to ge the word out there that You have done a great job of already fixing this problem.

Thanks for all your hard work THom - lots of us here are just lurkers and really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this project - sorry if I wasted anyones time reading the same posts over and over again.

Fuqjak

Thanks... but the real credit should go to Zoolander for posting the structs, and some basic instructions.

All I did was turn the results into a .diff file to make it easier on the rest of ya.

Thread Information