Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kicked to desktop

i get the fualt right before i zone into to ANY zone. anyone have any clever ideas ?
    There are some threads on the dev board about this. It seems to be related to the character struct/packet. It was not totally 100% fixed from the last big seq downtime. It works well enough for most people, but some are having the issue you describe above.

It's most likely not your machine/setup thats causing the error. Be patient and hope for a fix. I

I figgured out the problem I was having. When I set the PVP Diety tag I would get kicked to desktop. I don't know if that helps anyone but that was what kicked me. I would always set all my preferences before I started playing for the first time so I didn't realize it was just that. Took off that check and it works killer now.

I deleted showeq.xml and manually punch in the network options and it works fine, the second i save prefernces ... seg fault.

I just started getting the seg fault today as well. Funny thing was that when I started today it worked fine. I zoned several times. However, when I was finished and went to zone back to PoK it crashed, and has crashed every time I've tried to zone at all ever since. I tried moving stuff around in inventory, and sold most of the loot I had picked up, but nothing seemed to fix it. I did pick up a nodrop item during the session that I still have, so I can't say my inventory is exactly the same as it was before. I also leveled while in the last zone I was in before it started crashing, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

mudtoe

It seems to be only happening in PoP zones for me. (nix that, Happened in the Nexus. Recompiling the CVS. We'll see if that fixes it. I noticed a couple files downloaded)

On top of that, I'm taking years zoning thru pop zones.

Don't forget to patch

It might help if ya check out the latest patch info in the dev section...

Take a look over here:
    http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3627

Changes worked for me... but be sure to comment if your results vary.

Is that in the CVS yet ?

not yet... but submitted as a patch already.

See this thread for the Fix

Thanks for the redundancy...

Look up 4 posts from this one.

Thread Information