Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest Patch

newCorpseCode has been broken a while. It's intermittent enough that I've just been ignoring it. Of course, YMMV.

Can anyone who know how to apply the patch post the instructions line by line!

I know that this patch works, I've read about more then 10 times now, but Because I'm a newbie, what folder am i suppose to go to and how do i apply the patch!

please help!

Originally posted by mucktail
    Can anyone who know how to apply the patch post the instructions line by line!

I know that this patch works, I've read about more then 10 times now, but Because I'm a newbie, what folder am i suppose to go to and how do i apply the patch!

please help!
    Then Mr. Newbie - Please read the thread AGAIN. Cause it's already posted.

(Tip, it's on the first page...)

I'm stuck, seems that no matter how many times I download everquest.h, player.cpp, logger.cpp, then apply the patch, and then recompile, I STILL seg out within 15 min.

Just to clarify what I'm doing:

I delete the current:
    everquest.h
    everquest.h.orig
    everquest.h.rej
    logger.cpp
    logger.cpp.orig
    logger.cpp.rej
    player.cpp
    player.cpp.orig
    player.cpp.rej

Then I go to CVS web and download:

everquest.h 1.65 (latest and greatest)
    logger.cpp 1.25
    player.cpp 1.36

(OK... While typing out this post I think I found my problem. I was saving the Web CVS files incorrectly and getting HTML code added in. Amazing how slowing down and explaining what you are doing allows you to see your own errors )

Saved them correctly this time.

This is now the first time I have applied the patch with no errors, it's compiling now.

For the record, I know that starting off a post saying "I can't make this work" and then halfway through saying "all is good now" is a post that will probably collect some ridicule, but if my realization and disclosure helps just one other person, then I will bear it.

Good Luck All!!

/*0654*/ uint8_t unknown0654[4]; //

should be

/*0654*/ uint32_t guildID; //

The range of NPCs that will be "blue" to a level 65 character has been increased as far as level 50, with the "light blue" range extending to level 45.
    Just want to confirm that this part of the patch message is accurate, at least for my level 65 character. Mobs level 44 and below are green to 65's, 45-49 are light blue, 50-64 are blue.

Originally posted by user387
    /*0654*/ uint8_t unknown0654[4]; //

should be

/*0654*/ uint32_t guildID; //
    Cool, just need to find unspent aaxp points and the edits to other files can go away.

altexp is not right. I think it's at 3593 but that seems like a weird offset. Gotta get some more exp and see what keeps changing.

Alwaylost, I had the same problem finally delected everything assocated with SEQ.

Grabed a fresh CVS.

compiled it completely

grabed patch

applied it ..anwsered yes to all the rm.o 's

recompiled

Works great now.

Originally posted by Zoolander
    Cool, just need to find unspent aaxp points and the edits to other files can go away.

altexp is not right. I think it's at 3593 but that seems like a weird offset. Gotta get some more exp and see what keeps changing.
    actually....

guildID is at 146

I think Zoolander was referring to Altexp at 3593.

I think user387 was saying guildID is at 146 and not 654 as previously reported.

I haven't had any luck tracking down the aaxp value. I have a few chars with varying levels of aaxp and I can't find a value in the right range for all of them. It seems either the amount for a point isn't 15 million anymore, the value isn't an int32, or it's not in the charProfile packet. Of course, the 4th option of "I'm an idiot" also is possible.

Originally posted by Alfred
    1) Save the file to src

2) cd src

3) patch < quickpatch.diff

3) rm *.o
    (Just to be on the safe side)

4) cd ..

5) make

6) make install

Currently on step 5 but I'm certain everything will be fine. Great work everyone
    Thanks for the no brainer here made it much easier.

Originally posted by Zoolander
    It seems either the amount for a point isn't 15 million anymore, the value isn't an int32, or it's not in the charProfile packet. Of course, the 4th option of "I'm an idiot" also is possible.
    I posted some code in another thread to pretty print structs. Grab it and use a diff from before and after gaining aaexp. Also, it ceased to be 15 million SOME time ago (a year?) and is now from 0 to 330. You may be overlooking the spot because you may have ignored the value because it is too small (instead of 0 to 15 million.)

Thanks for the patch file, compiling it now.

Originally posted by fester
    I posted some code in another thread to pretty print structs. Grab it and use a diff from before and after gaining aaexp. Also, it ceased to be 15 million SOME time ago (a year?) and is now from 0 to 330. You may be overlooking the spot because you may have ignored the value because it is too small (instead of 0 to 15 million.)
    Well, the raw exp value is still sent. According to the everquest.h in CVS the aaxp has always been sent in the charInfoStruct as a value from 0 to 15,000,000.

/*10513*/ uint32_t altexp; // alternate exp pool 0 - ~15,000,000
    /*10517*/ uint8_t unknown10517[428];
    /*10945*/ uint32_t aapoints; // number of unspent ability points

I have some pretty printing/diff code too, and there are some candidates that may be the x/330 value but I was waiting til I dinged again so I could find the unspent points too.

Thread Information