Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVS still not working.. anyone able to post a dummie guide?

Angry CVS still not working.. anyone able to post a dummie guide?

kinda sux, I read through the FACKS I read the how to install I took 2 hours to search the message board and nowhere could I find how to make CVS work.. someone said the server has a "hickup".. but he has that since 5 days now.. is that correct? or is it just for me?

thanx for your kind help

Didn't search hard enuff hun.. CVS is screwd atm. The only way to make it work is to try over and over and over again untill it works. You may have to kick it off 30 - 60 times before you get a good CVS download.
    -AlphaBeta

thank you kindone for replying with helpfull information without flaming me.. very nice of you, I had expected ppl raging about me should do searches..

anyways, just to make sure I am trying 60 times with the right command, is this correct:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

?? thanx again

Alpha, might you by chance know of a good way how I can automat the search for CVS command a bit?

something like this

for i < 100 cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login i++ or so?

I am new to linux and have no clue how you do that.. and also have to hit enter at the password confirmation which might not be easy..

the error msg get btw is this:
    cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net (66.35.250.207):2401 failed: Connection refused

thanx

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login

Hit enter for password

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
    -AlphaBeta

I just made a text file with the commands in it and called it "getseq.txt". I then run it with the command "bash getseq.txt". When ever it fails I just shift up arrow and hit enter runs it again. never has taken me more than 5 or 10 min of doing this so far to get a clean download. Prolly a way to make it run over and over again but im not a programer or a unix expert by any means. Hope that helps.. <hugs>
    -AlphaBeta

it helps.. but how can I get the ente confirmation for the password in the file??

and what is that second line you said b4, with the co showeq at the end? what do I do with it? put it once I sucessfully loged in?

hugs

I just hit the enter key at the password prompt. Yes the first CVS command logs you in. The second one does the downloads. its all in the FAQ Here
    -AlphaBeta

I have tried 500 times.. it on let me in.. what error msg do ou get alpha?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.seq.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/seq
    WAIT=1
    while [ ${WAIT} != 0 ]
    do
       cvs -z3 co showeq
       WAIT=$?
       sleep 15
    done
    cvs logout
    exit
    Notice the extra : before the @, that removes the need to hit enter for the password.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Wow thanks S_B_R that even helps me out.

Thanks again.
    -AlphaBeta

--edit--
    Of course you do realize that script will just contribute to the CVS congestion.
    Last edited by S_B_R; 08-06-2003 at 01:30 PM.
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

This is the error message you are probably getting
    cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

This is the error message you are probably getting

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this isnt the case here.. the msg I get:

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.seq.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.207):2401 failed: Connection refused
    hehe sux :( I want showeq *sniff*

Thread Information