Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How carefull are you about SEQ

How carefull are you about SEQ

How carefull are you about using the knowledge gained in SEQ. I haven't been using it long, but I've already found myself not being too carefull about covering what I know.

For example, logging in a parked character in a zone waiting for a spawn, then switching over to another character to go take said mob out. Parked character had no wasy of really knowing and zone was empty of other players.

Obviously nothing of great importance, it's my account that'll get banned right. But curious at how carefull people are at covering thier tracks in game.

I was really careful in the early days but now not really at all.
    When hunting (solo) for the AC in Sth Ro I ran around killing the “named” undead until it spawned then headed straight to it. (done that twice now) also hunting HGs in Rath is a lot more efficient with SEQ.
    I am more careful in groups, I keep the info to myself.

I still don’t think I have spotted another SEQ user. A couple of time I thought I might have, but nothing definite.
    I believe in gun control. I use both hands

Since there aren't any GM's around anymore to speak of, I'd say as long as you aren't causing greif to other players you'll be safe. If you start pissing people off and making a name for yourself then they may keep a closer eye on you.

People get banned everyday for being assholes. Whether they are using SEQ or not doesn't really matter. SOE can ban you for no reason at all. The key is be nice to your fellow players and you can get away with pretty much anything... ... ...Just ask the MacorQuest folks...
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Im still pretty carefull not to give any hints that Im using it.

There have been a few exceptions, I have made hints like "are you sure there are no named up" or "lets explore a bit more, maybe there is a named up further in" in ldon.

Very seldomly have I ever beelined for something. Kind of pointless now a days.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

i dont make any secret of it. Theres four others in my guild that dont either. We call it Miss Cleo and she tells us where that missing mob of the script is (through a wall and 1k underground) and send the exploiting bard after it so we dont have to lose the script due to gay programming on SOEs part. Quite frankly, while i used to use it for uber tracking and feel kinda of guilty about seeing stuff i should be able to see as up or not (IE - NTOV) -- SOS rogues can go and look now so i dont feel to bad. Im just more efficent at it than them.

Pretty much what S_B_R said. GM's don't really care what you are doing as long as you don't do it in front of them and no one petitions you. That's why the MQ'ers got busted. They were sitting in some remote city (Qeynos I think) and someone finally wandered in and got annoyed by the vendor spam. "Hello, Soandso, you look like you could use a Belt of Dwarf Slaying." They had macros exploiting the fact that you could make arrows and sell them back for a profit.

I use SEQ in LDoN and never miss a named... When we are near one and we have a tracker, I ask the group, "any named up?" If no tracker then I just say, "Oohhh, looky what I stumbled upon with my great Eye of Zomm."

And you wouldn't believe the efficiency I can slaughter hill giants with. I can double or even triple my productivity there with the help of SEQ. Of course, I am as courteous as I can be, I don't KS and I don't even bother with the zone if alot of people are there.

EDIT: Bah also forgot to add that SEQ can be a nightsaver if I need to check for targets for my guild that only rogues can check(TZ/VZ/Burrower etc.) when no rogues are available to do so.
    Last edited by OgerSEQ; 11-06-2003 at 11:09 AM.

hmm

I stopped being careful over a year ago... to the point where someone will be lost and i will tell them "turn right... go straight" from far away.. Guild leaders have had me check on named mobs... and find corpses.. i like seq for watching guys pull like in ntov or Vexthal you can see whats coming to kill you

Even if you get cuaght its only a game... go outside and see the sunshine

SEQ

Everyone in my guild knows I have it and Im in one of the strongest guilds on Fennin ro. All of the guild leaders have it. I point out all the named in any group I'm in and you know what, not one person has said anything cause they are /random 0 100 on the shit too =D

I'll flat out say the named's name in /g and give the damn /loc too.

Hell I get more groups because I use it.

Mu HAHAHAHA!

Could this be a sign that SEQ is now too easy to install/setup???
    "What you've just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things i've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherant response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you NO points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

Always been very easy to setup... but people always seem to think Gm's and sony are searching for SEQ users... im sure they could care less.. they have 100000 people to babysit.. unless you were spamming a zone saying "im the bestest Showeq user ever!" they wouldn't care...

Bah S_B_R, it's not too easy yet. As soon as a Gentoo ebuild is posted, then it's too stinking easy.

Monster

Re: hmm

Roads, I totally agree with you, It's only a game !

Originally posted by Roads

Even if you get cuaght its only a game... go outside and see the sunshine

I'm carefull about the info I gain from SEQ however I can usually spot those that are useing it. It's real easy in PoP zones where people sit at the zone in then tell their guild a named mob has spawned on the other side of the zone. Especially when its a Shaman or another class that can't track..

But then again SOE does not seem to pick up on this so I dont even know if they care or even watch

I'm not too concerned about being careful these days.

While I'm not going around telling everybody there is X spawn up, I do mention a lot in private guild channels that X is up in X location.

When I named is up, it depends on the group I'm in. If i know the people and they know I run it, I'll just state it in group chat X named is up and it's X far in. I use SEQ a lot to track the "next room". I use an excuse that I used the Eye of Zomm when people ask. Even with SEQ, the Zomm is the boom.

Hmmm I guess I am semi careful. Some close friends know it and I freely give them hints. Otherwise I stick to the old "Any stuff on track ?", "I got it marked on my map" or "I was told that XY is up" shit.
    I think MySeq did make a great difference since now a broader base of players has access. While Sony clearly aimed for multi account owners with a recent campaign, thats perfect setup for MySeq too. So I figure that they are getting used to the fact that lot of people simply know what happens within the zone.

Thread Information