Thread: Needed or desired changes

Hybrid View

Re: Needed or desired changes

The forum loses my posts sometimes when (I think) I hit the wrong button to post. I think I'm accidently making a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidron View Post

Fireblade maintains a copy of the Smart EQ Offset Finder originally written by Carpathian. An old, extremely outdated version, including source is still available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/seq/...fset%20Finder/

It was discussed in another thread possibly giving him access to maintain the offset finder on Sourceforge. Whether or not that has gone any further, i have no idea. He already does an excellent job of keeping the offsets updated in the forums. I can usually find the primary offsets manually as long as the secondary ones have not changed. Fireblade normally has the new offsets posted though before I can even get the game repatched, so I have not needed to in a long time.
    Since my previous post I've discovered how to run the server in 'debug' mode, thanks in part to a post by yourself from a few years ago. I knew about Fireblade and the program he uses, but was concerned that in the future some users would decide to leave everquest or myseq, and wanted to make sure those remaining had some way to discover the offsets. I haven't tried to use debug, as the offsets haven't changed and I'm still keeping my head down in live game. It doesn't seem too difficult to use, but then I'm not a programer and not very code-literate.

O

Developer

Re: Needed or desired changes

I have not found offsets on patch day in years. Usually because someone else finds them and i get those when i get on two or three days later. So i am rusty on them but if i did them all the time i would get where i do them fast. Short of the zone offset, you can get all the others from mq2 if you know where to look in that code. I dont run mq2 but i sure do use it to figure out stuff on what does what and how.

Razzls

Thread Information