Thread: 1/16/13 changes

Hybrid View

Developer

Re: 1/16/13 changes

Thanks!

I've applied the changes but I don't know if I've applied them correctly. Are you saying to change the x/y/z coordinates in every location that they show up in everquest.h? I've changed them all I think and things are mostly working. The two most obvious things I see now are that I don't see my own character and the heading, and NPCs (mobs, pets, mercs) move ok but PCs don't seem to. Is that what you expect or have I applied something incorrectly?

Again, much appreciation. I'm ok with the opcodes but those other changes really get me. Why do they change them so much from patch to patch? Isn't that a reflection of how they are passing/storing the information between the server and the client?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by rogues View Post
    Thanks!

I've applied the changes but I don't know if I've applied them correctly. Are you saying to change the x/y/z coordinates in every location that they show up in everquest.h? I've changed them all I think and things are mostly working. The two most obvious things I see now are that I don't see my own character and the heading, and NPCs (mobs, pets, mercs) move ok but PCs don't seem to. Is that what you expect or have I applied something incorrectly?

Again, much appreciation. I'm ok with the opcodes but those other changes really get me. Why do they change them so much from patch to patch? Isn't that a reflection of how they are passing/storing the information between the server and the client?
    Any changes in the way the client decodes information have to be changed in ShowEQ too. In the previous patch, it was adding the 'y' coordinate to itself at the start of the function where it unpacks physics data -- for some reason they reverted that and only they (Sony) can say for sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by rogues View Post
    Thanks!
    Yup, I ran out of time to work on it so posted what I had.

I'm thinking just to screw with us, I can't think of any practical purpose for randomly reordering those things.

Thread Information