Notable recent updates to the cn187_devel branch:

Code:
    Change fillSpawnStruct to loop through posData (based on struct size)
    rather than hardcoding the fill of each element.  This will allow the size
    of posData to change without needing to adjust fillSpawnStruct.
Code:
    Add safety check for formatted message arg sizes.
    This works around a crash (due to possible packet changes) until a
    proper fix can be found.
Code:
    Check sessionId before processing disconnect packet

Random UDP traffic on the LAN can cause unexpectes session disconnects if
    the packet payload happens to start with the SessionDisconnect net
    opcode.

By checking the sessionId in the disconnect packet against the current
    sessionId, we can ignore packets that look like disconnect packets but
    really aren't.

This also means that users who have enabled "session tracking" for the
    sole purpose of reducing random disconnects may be able to disable it if
    they don't otherwise need it.
Code:
    Add the ability to load multi-layer maps (e.g, SOE, Brewall's, Good's).

* On zoning, SEQ will automatically load the base zone map as well as maps 1-3
      of the same name.

* The layer control on the map bottom control pane allows you to select
      which layers you want to see/hide.

* Manual load/import of maps will now allow the selection of multiple files

* Saving maps will save all layers as their individual filenames

* The map edit menu now contains an "Edit Layer" setting, allowing you
      choose which layer will be modified when doing map edits.
I expect the first two will go to trunk pretty quickly (along with some other minor things). Probably by the next patch to live.

The third, I'm debating whether or not we need a toggle to enable/disable this (right now the change is implemented globally). I don't think it will have any undesirable effects for single-boxers, multi-boxers that play on different PCs, or anyone that has "session tracking" enabled - it should just result in fewer random session disconnects.

However, I think it will be a behavior change that might affect multi-boxers that play multiple toons on the same PC and don't have "session tracking" enabled. But I have no clue how common this combination is.
I haven't tested how it behaves in that scenario, so it may all be moot, but in my head, I think that instead of any toon zoning causing SEQ to zone, the toon that SEQ is tracking (as Player) will have to zone in order to zone SEQ (but from there, it would be the usual race to see which toon SEQ latches onto). Part of me thinks no one will care. The other part of me remembers https://xkcd.com/1172/ so I'd be really interested to know if anyone would be bothered by this change.

The fourth, I binge-implemented this past weekend. I've done a fair amount of manual testing, but haven't put in any serious play time yet. I'd like this to sit in the dev branch for a while and have people play with it in case there are bugs/issues I missed. I think one gripe will be the map colors. I think the conversion script changed the map colors to work better with SEQ's color scheme, so trying to use the maps directly might mean the colors are hard to see. Maybe a short term solution is to rework the map conversion script to just do colors and not squash the map layers together. Longer term, it might be nice to have the map color replacement happen automatically inside SEQ (maybe as part of the color-handling changes that will be needed for supporting different color schemes/themes).