Thread: Buffer Overflow when running multiple accounts on same computer

Buffer Overflow when running multiple accounts on same computer

I run 6 accounts on the same computer. When I zone Showeq crashes because it gets slammed by all the packets from the other characters. Showeq will pick up the last character to zone but when everyone is zoning at the same time it throws up a buffer overflow error.

Is there any way to get Showeq to listen to packets based on a character name rather than MAC or the next EQ client?

Thanks

Re: Buffer Overflow when running multiple accounts on same computer

Only way (AFAIK) is use Session Tracking but it wont solve the all character zoning at same time or hook on a character name, it'll pick a random one. Never had it crashed on me though or buffer overflow. I run 6 accounts also.

Administrator

If you're getting the "!!!! EQPacketFragmentSequence::addFragment(): buffer overflow adding in new fragment" message, you can tweak your kernel network params to help mitigate this - http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...ffer-overflows

If you're getting a different crash, then please send me a stack trace so we can try to get this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDabrudda View Post
    Is there any way to get Showeq to listen to packets based on a character name rather than MAC or the next EQ client?
    Not currently, but it's on my list of "wouldn't it be nice" stuff to possibly look at in the future.

As Loki mentioned, "Session Tracking" can help here, especially if you zone your primary toon separately from the others (to avoid it latching onto the wrong session).

Also use Session Tracking. It will virtually eliminate seg faults.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Session Tracking under the Network menu seems to fix this buffer overflow problem.

Thanks.

Thread Information