Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Hello,

I have the beta built and running. I am running Debian 9 Stretch with KDE. I make uninstall from official ShowEQ 5 build and then installed from 6. I also did rm -rf /root/.showeq just for clean start. I have found a few issues.

1. Empty spaces for Top and Bottom Controls. I can't seem to make it smaller like normal. I can uncheck Top and Bottom and have no empty spaces at all. See this pic -> Removed

2. Options/Con Colors seems to be broken. I have dark theme with grey background on KDE so dark blue on dark grey background is hard to make out - I adjust the dark blue con to lighter blue so I can see it better. Once I did that, it doesn't take effect, it still stuck at default dark blue con.

3. showeq.xml is not being saved to /root/.showeq but to /usr/local/share/showeq. It probably doesn't make any difference but just noticed that.

So far it worked on GMM zone showing skittles. I have not played yet but once I did and if I run into more issues, I'll post ...

Thank you!
    Last edited by Loki; 11-16-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Re: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Been playing for 3 hours, the skittles/tracking seems to work fine. I do notice the dots are a bit bigger - not complaining about it though.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-16-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback so far!

1. I have a fix for this. I'll commit it soon.

2. Added to the list to work on. Changing colors of things is one thing I hadn't tested yet, so it's probably not just con colors that are affected.

3. This seems like a subtle/intermittent issue. In your first post, you say it's being saved in /usr/local/share/showeq, and the screenshot in your second post shows it using /root/.showeq/showeq.xml as expected. In a similar vein, I've been able to reproduce it once or maybe twice, but so far, not more than that. If you happen to notice any consistency in what does/doesn't make it happen, please let me know.

Possibly related: how are you getting your root shell to run showeq? Are you logging in as root? Using sudo? Using su? If one of the latter two, could you give me the command line (including args) that you're using? Or if there's different method that you're using, could you give me enough info so I could try the same thing here?

Thanks!

I load Konsole and type 'su -' with root pass then 'showeq' from there. I did not specify IP/eth0 on command line as I did it via menu. I will experiment with the #3. Will be playing a couple hours tonight.

Thanks

EDIT: My bad on my OP - I meant Debian 9 Stretch... not Squeeze.
    Last edited by Loki; 10-30-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Administrator

I just committed version -pre4. It has fixes for #1 and #2, as well as some miscellaneous other things.

I still haven't had much luck with #3. I was hoping I could reliably reproduce it so I could just step through it with the debugger, but I'll start combing over the code to see if I can figure out what's happening.

Alright here's what I found. This #3 issue exist in official build also as I tested it tonight.

If I rm /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and rerun showeq and save preferences, it's back in /root/.showeq.

If I rm -rf /root/.showeq and rerun showeq and save preferences, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml and it shows "Finished saving preferences to file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml" in console, then I modified a setting and save preferences again, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml again. But when I closed showeq and restart showeq, it tried to load from /root/.showeq/showeq.xml but says "Unable to open file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml" and it loaded default settings again. Then I was able to save it to /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and it works as normal. So I guess since /root/.showeq didn't exist on first run. I'll probably just ignore this #3 "issue" since it's in official build and nobody else complained/cared about this.
    Last edited by Loki; 10-30-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Excellent! Will test it now.

Since #3 exist in official build, I wouldn't worry about it (see previous post).

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    I just committed version -pre4. It has fixes for #1 and #2, as well as some miscellaneous other things.

I still haven't had much luck with #3. I was hoping I could reliably reproduce it so I could just step through it with the debugger, but I'll start combing over the code to see if I can figure out what's happening.
    Last edited by Loki; 10-30-2019 at 08:26 PM.

#1 and #2 fixes are perfect.

I'll post back whenever I run into any other issues.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Alright here's what I found. This #3 issue exist in official build also as I tested it tonight.

If I rm /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and rerun showeq and save preferences, it's back in /root/.showeq.

If I rm -rf /root/.showeq and rerun showeq and save preferences, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml and it shows "Finished saving preferences to file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml" in console, then I modified a setting and save preferences again, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml again. But when I closed showeq and restart showeq, it tried to load from /root/.showeq/showeq.xml but says "Unable to open file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml" and it loaded default settings again. Then I was able to save it to /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and it works as normal. So I guess since /root/.showeq didn't exist on first run. I'll probably just ignore this #3 "issue" since it's in official build and nobody else complained/cared about this.
    Nice work! That's HUGE help.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Since #3 exist in official build, I wouldn't worry about it (see previous post).
    Already fixed

Thanks Loki and cn187. I appreciate your help.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Installed QT4 and compiled pre_6_0_beta on my antiquated Fedora 14 box with gcc-4.5.1. Is there a reason all the maps render improperly? I re-imported them from EQ and opened maps that rendered properly on current live showeq. Most everything else appears to be working well but it is hard to tell in most zones as the map is an explosion of lines that tends to cover up most everything else.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fransick View Post
    Is there a reason all the maps render improperly?
    I did some testing, and it looks like an issue with the map import/conversion. My maps display fine, but I converted them outside of SEQ using a script I found here on the forums. I tried to open an SOE map directly without manually converting it first, and I get the weird lines you're talking about. I'll try to get a fix in for it sometime this weekend.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    I did some testing, and it looks like an issue with the map import/conversion. My maps display fine, but I converted them outside of SEQ using a script I found here on the forums. I tried to open an SOE map directly without manually converting it first, and I get the weird lines you're talking about. I'll try to get a fix in for it sometime this weekend.
    You are indeed correct, using the mapconvert script stickied on the forums worked just fine. What didn't was converting Brewell's maps. Those came throuogh without any lines and the existing .map files I have are a mess. Weird! If you need any help testing maps, let me know. In the meantime, I'll use the lame ones I converted from everquest/maps folder and test other SEQ functionality.

So far the convert to qt4 is looking great! Nice job

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by fransick View Post
    What didn't was converting Brewell's maps. Those came throuogh without any lines
    Hmm. That's a little strange, since I'm using Brewell's with no issues. Though, mine are seriously old (I think HoT was the last time I played semi-regularly, and I haven't updated them), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Once I get the issue fixed, I'll go through and spot-check a few maps to make sure that SOE, Brewell, and Goodurden are converting without problems. Are there any other map packs that people use regularly that I should test?

Then maybe I'll go through the mapconvert script and fix the issue you're seeing with Brewell's. It's always good to have more than one way to do things.

Administrator

OK, so I was wrong. It turned out to be a rendering problem after all, and the pre-converted maps only worked because the conversion script just happened to accidentally work around the bug.

Unfortunately, I can't even blame the QT upgrade tool... Due to API changes, I had to rewrite some of the line drawing logic in order for it to work with QT4, and in the process I managed to screw it up. So it's totally my fault. Sorry about that.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, it's fixed now. I've tested it with a handful of random maps from SOE, Brewall, and Good, and they look normal to me.

Though, there could still be lurking issues with the rendering changes, so if anyone *does* want to do a bunch of map testing, please go right ahead.

I've committed version -pre5 with the fix.

Thread Information