Thread: Unable to get showeq working / processing traffic

Hybrid View

Administrator

Re: Unable to get showeq working / processing traffic

For future reference, you can pass -n to tcpdump, and it will display IP addresses and port numbers instead of names.

Right after PCAP Filter Set and SessionRequest detected, you should see Zone: Entrycode Client, and then it should try to load the map. If you're not getting that, then it's not seeing the zone entry packet.

The 'Giving up on finding arq nnnn' implies SEQ isn't getting all the packets. If you look in the FAQ at the root of the source tree, question 5 goes into this and suggests possible fixes. Basically, you need to either reduce the non-EQ packets getting to your SEQ system, or you need to increase your SEQ system's ability to handle packets (or both).

This could be why you're having issues getting spawns, though I'd expect it to work somewhat intermittently rather than not at all. But since you're seeing that message, I'd start there.

Other questions that might help - How beefy is your SEQ box? How saturated is your network? Are you trying to use SEQ on Live, Test, or TLP?

Re: Unable to get showeq working / processing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    For future reference, you can pass -n to tcpdump, and it will display IP addresses and port numbers instead of names.

Right after PCAP Filter Set and SessionRequest detected, you should see Zone: Entrycode Client, and then it should try to load the map. If you're not getting that, then it's not seeing the zone entry packet.

The 'Giving up on finding arq nnnn' implies SEQ isn't getting all the packets. If you look in the FAQ at the root of the source tree, question 5 goes into this and suggests possible fixes. Basically, you need to either reduce the non-EQ packets getting to your SEQ system, or you need to increase your SEQ system's ability to handle packets (or both).

This could be why you're having issues getting spawns, though I'd expect it to work somewhat intermittently rather than not at all. But since you're seeing that message, I'd start there.

Other questions that might help - How beefy is your SEQ box? How saturated is your network? Are you trying to use SEQ on Live, Test, or TLP?
    Thanks for the thoughts so far! And yeah good to know on tcpdump.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the entrycode client line ever.

The "giving up on finding" is rare it looks like. I haven't seen it since, and I've been playing across multiple zones for a while. And yes, I'm getting nothing at all. I will still take a look at increasing that to be safe. I've zoned at least 30 times testing that am having no luck.

My SEQ box is not beefy. It's an older i5 laptop. My network has plenty on it, but I wouldn't say saturated. But I have doubts I would be batting 0% here.

Playing TLP.

Thread Information